Dodge Grand Caravan and Journey put to the pasture

rmc523

2 hours ago, atomcat68 said:

Soon, Jeep is the only FCA brand to have more than three models.

chrysler has the Pacifica and the 300. Dodge will have Durango, challenger, and charger. Ram has the trucks and vans. Fiat has a few variants of the 500 and then the 124 spider. With so few models, you can barely call any of those a brand by themselves. It would probably be more cost effective if they dropped a few models and then combined all the brands into one.

Looks like Dodge and Chrysler are on life support. The segments they are in are dying and obviously not sustainable. With no new product coming, say good-bye to Dodge and Chrysler. In the meantime, we will get a Charger with 1,000 hp that is able to pull a hole shot for 5,000 feet and block out the sun. And an overweight, dated Challenger with a new trim line. Amazing they have gotten away with this for so long. 

• Thanks 1

Allpar doesn't mention about any future Chrysler products beyond the next generation Grand Cherokee and the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. There was talk of a Dodge crossover using the Stelvia platform as well as the next generation Charger and Challenger moving to the Giulia platform, with a turbo inline six replacing the 5.7L Hemi ( but not the 6.4 and Hellcat), but nothing has been discussed in months.  Also talk of a Chrysler crossovers based upon the Pacific and Cherokee, but nothing has been said in months. 

46 minutes ago, ehaase said:

Allpar doesn't mention about any future Chrysler products beyond the next generation Grand Cherokee and the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer. There was talk of a Dodge crossover using the Stelvia platform as well as the next generation Charger and Challenger moving to the Giulia platform, with a turbo inline six replacing the 5.7L Hemi ( but not the 6.4 and Hellcat), but nothing has been discussed in months.  Also talk of a Chrysler crossovers based upon the Pacific and Cherokee, but nothing has been said in months. 

Merger with PSA probably put everything on hold until that goes through, then EVERYTHING will be reviewed and as much dead weigh will be cut as possible. 

I mocked Chrysler for using warmed-over 1998-vintage Daimler platforms after that merger, but I can at least say now that, for the most part, those platforms paid off and then some - handsome, reliable, and I continue to be amazed what FCA can wring from the Challenger lineup.

That said...the shift to Fiat- and Alfa-based platforms is a huge red flag to me.  Reliability of both brands is...less than stellar.  I'm not sure I'll trust another FCA product once the DaimlerChrysler platforms are retired.

43 minutes ago, MadManMoon said:

I mocked Chrysler for using warmed-over 1998-vintage Daimler platforms after that merger, but I can at least say now that, for the most part, those platforms paid off and then some - handsome, reliable, and I continue to be amazed what FCA can wring from the Challenger lineup.

Dodge Journey used the GS platform co-developed by DaimlerChrysler and Mitsubishi Motors, first introduced in 2005. Journey is the final non-Mitsubishi model to use that platform.

LX platform used by Challenger came out in 2004.

I imagine  the Cherokee, Compass, and Renegade, currently using Fiat platforms, will move to Peugeot platforms when redesigned. Don't know the future of the minivan or the Dodge RWD cars. I thought Fiat wasted a lot of money reviving Alfa Romeo, just as Cadillac did on its RWD platforms. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Dodge Journey used the GS platform co-developed by DaimlerChrysler and Mitsubishi Motors, first introduced in 2005. Journey is the final non-Mitsubishi model to use that platform.

LX platform used by Challenger came out in 2004.

Oh, so they're only 15-16 years old, instead of 22 years.  That's SO much better. ?