Mustang Mach Order Placed

Peugfan

I converted my Mach E reservation to an order.  Premium trim, Extended range battery, AWD and Infinite Blue Metallic with space gray interior. Now it remains to be seen how Ford will set production order. First Edition will be among the first produced and Premium trim prioritized  over Select trim.  How will they schedule higher reservation numbers who order early vs a lower reservation number who waits to convert his reservation to an order?  Also where in the schedule will they make the European model?  I have a 331xx (higher) reservation number so do not know if that means late 2020 or early 2021. The Cuautitlan plant should be able to produce the 50,000 cars in much less than 12 months if batteries and parts can be supplied in a timely manner.  The plant is rumored to start full production in August.  I'm starting to get excited!

• Like 2

On 7/3/2020 at 12:44 AM, Peugfan said:

I converted my Mach E reservation to an order.  Premium trim, Extended range battery, AWD and Infinite Blue Metallic with space gray interior. Now it remains to be seen how Ford will set production order. First Edition will be among the first produced and Premium trim prioritized  over Select trim.  How will they schedule higher reservation numbers who order early vs a lower reservation number who waits to convert his reservation to an order?  Also where in the schedule will they make the European model?  I have a 331xx (higher) reservation number so do not know if that means late 2020 or early 2021. The Cuautitlan plant should be able to produce the 50,000 cars in much less than 12 months if batteries and parts can be supplied in a timely manner.  The plant is rumored to start full production in August.  I'm starting to get excited!

Congrats on the Mach E order!  I haven't seen a definite JOB1 start date stated as of yet.

With a Job #1 Date on 10/26/2020 and the usual slow production ramp up with a new model, especially with all the media attention expected for the Mach-E, vehicles probably won't start to arrive at dealerships until at least mid-December or later. As such, I'm surprised they don't introduce the Mach-E as a 2022MY which would be easy.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.

• 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date

I understood that it was in October, just didn't have the 26th as the start date.  Thanks for claifying that.

6 hours ago, ice-capades said:

With a Job #1 Date on 10/26/2020 and the usual slow production ramp up with a new model, especially with all the media attention expected for the Mach-E, vehicles probably won't start to arrive at dealerships until at least mid-December or later. As such, I'm surprised they don't introduce the Mach-E as a 2022MY which would be easy.

Ford is bad about new model JOB1 and dealer fulfillments.  Ford generally holds the first batches produced back many weeks - sometimes even months.  I hope that's not the case for the Mach E.

• Like 1

What does Job1 date mean?  Does that imply all production glitches have been worked out and they are ready for full scale production?  They must have done a few test runs before then.  Just curious and anxious.  

1 minute ago, Peugfan said:

What does Job1 date mean?  Does that imply all production glitches have been worked out and they are ready for full scale production?  They must have done a few test runs before then.  Just curious and anxious.  

The Job #1 Date is the production start date for the new Model Year. 

1 hour ago, Peugfan said:

It’s just the start date.  The factory must build for 5 straight days with no major errors before they start shipping.  Might take 5 or 6 days, might take a month.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 7/5/2020 at 8:17 AM, ice-capades said:

The sad part is your right...I mean i'm not sure how they plan to win any awards for best SUV, best electric etc...media outlets won't know what year to plot it in? 

3 hours ago, Fleuve said:

I'd imagine Ford cares about the awards they win and media attention...??‍♀️

Not really.   I mean, they're nice but in the end they don't sell vehicles.  Ford realized this years ago which is why they don't put much effort into their press fleet or which vehicles they provide for comparison tests.  F150 and Bronco might be the exceptions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

Not really.   I mean, they're nice but in the end they don't sell vehicles.  Ford realized this years ago which is why they don't put much effort into their press fleet or which vehicles they provide for comparison tests.  F150 and Bronco might be the exceptions.

It's possible these are the last two brands they care about but I think they want all their ICON brands to get a lot of good press. Especially since the Mach E is chasing the Tesla Model Y aka Tesla stock price to show investors they can do it too.