7/6/20 - New SYNC 3 NAV maps update available.

bbf2530

Hi gang. On a related note, the SYNC 3 update pages on the Lincoln and Ford Owner websites have been updated. After inputting your VIN, it now informs us as to whether we are up to date, have any available updates, the current SYNC version number installed in our vehicle etc.

It now also has links to other pages that detail the instructions for how to update SYNC 3 via USB, WiFi etc. Far more informative and user friendly than before.

Good luck.

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

Hi again gang. I successfully updated my SYNC 3 Navigation system maps on a long drive yesterday. The latest version is NA 1 19

However, I would give the same warnings I have given to others on past updates: You may/will get a very quick notification (within minutes of beginning the update) that the "Update is complete, to remove the USB, restart the car..." etc.

However...Do not remove the USB, do no restart the car etc! The update is not complete. If you leave the USB in and wait about 5 minutes, your SYNC system will reboot and the "System Update" will resume and continue. This may even happen a second time.

As the NAV maps website states, the update will take ~1 hour. Wait at least 10 minutes after any "Update is complete" notifications before removing the USB and restarting your car, to ensure it is not another false notification.

In this way, you can be sure the SYNC system is not going to go through another reboot and resume the update. Just be patient and assume it will take approximately a full hour.

Hope these instructions are clear and understandable. Good luck.

• Like 1

I'm awaiting my new F250 to be built and delivered.  Hopefully within the next few weeks. I assume the SYNC 3 system will need updated to the latest once I get it. Just wondering if I will have to do multiple updates until I get it up to par with the most recent update available, or just download the newest update on USB and install it?  Just thinking of when I get a new PC or phone how I have to go through each past update untill the newest can install.