Ford employees want the company to stop making police cars, report says

Let's get rid of the name King.  A king was a figure who lorded over his subjects, right?  So let's get rid of it.  Oops!  So we would have to get rid of the name Martin Luther King!  They burned down the Minneapolis post office, then wondered why they weren't getting their stimulus checks and prescriptions!  They're tearing down Abraham Lincoln statues, the man who freed the slaves!  Insanity!  And people want to erase our history!  Then I say let's give the country back to England!  Do you think they'd take it?  

On 7/9/2020 at 8:03 AM, Bob Rosadini said:

Oh-and to deflect perhaps some flames, the Donalds handlers have to get him in control too.  As to his reported "15,000 lies",  my guess is half of his lies are not "Lies" but stupid shit statements that he spouts  off on stuff he has no clue about.  Like when the pandemic was out of control in NYC he says...."they are bringing in FREEZER trucks for the bodies".  "Uh Chief,  those trailers are known as "reefers"-you don't "freeze" the dead".  Lie? No  Stupid statement? yes.

Please...I use to respect most of your sensible comments! What's your point on attacking the President with 'Fake News' sound bites....other than political? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8242899/NYC-store-bodies-coronavirus-victims-freezer-trucks-instead-mass-Hart-Island-burials.html

Edited by bobbyd
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobbyd said:

Please...I use to respect most of your sensible comments! What's your point on attacking the President with 'Fake News' sound bites....other than political? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8242899/NYC-store-bodies-coronavirus-victims-freezer-trucks-instead-mass-Hart-Island-burials.html

Well thanks for the compliment. As to "attacking" Trump, I don't believe I was "attacking him" so much  as I was offering my view on his reported "Lie" total.  My point, there is a difference between a "lie" and a statement that is inaccurate.  And I stand by the comment on his early on statement as to the bodies could not be contained in the hospital morgues but had to be stored in "Freezer" trucks!   The article you provided is current and now states the bodies are in fact being removed from "reefer" storage and being moved to units that can freeze them.  Apparently there now is no chance these souls will make it to a funeral home for a conventional service.

This site is usually non-political, but as you bring it up, did I vote for Trump in 2016?  Yes.  Will I vote for him in Nov.?  For sure given the choice we have. Do I particularly like him as a person?  NO!.  But in my career I worked with plenty of people I did not "like".  And I probably had some subordinates that I did NOT "like".  But the question always was.."Did we make the objective?"  If "yes" that is what counts.  And I say whatever his shortcomings, we are far better off  with him in office the last four years than we would have been had Clinton prevailed- in particular when it comes to our court system and a lessening of burdensome and unrealistic regulations.

And Yes, his "handlers" have four months to get his arrogant ego in control-the election is his to lose IMO.

On 7/10/2020 at 10:27 PM, mnm said:

Again, I’m  “in house”. And literally nobody is echoing these sentiments. It just makes for eye grabbing headlines.  

Whether it's a just cause or not, should these people's petition be getting this much airplay?

The move would be symbolic and misguided at best. Denying law enforcement equipment

and vehicles does not change an undesirable culture.

4 hours ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Well thanks for the compliment. As to "attacking" Trump, I don't believe I was "attacking him" so much  as I was offering my view on his reported "Lie" total. 

You need to learn how this works. All Politicians make boasting statements in ads and speeches all the time, but with Trump they are now counting these as lies. When Trump says something like this is the greatest economy in history, and he says that 1000 times in ads, the WAPO counts this as 1,000 lies. That is where the 15,000 lies come from. It is all fake news. Politicians do this all the time. It is nothing new. Biden and all politicians do the same thing. But Biden or Obama makes a huge lie like if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor they don't count that. They only count Trump . Educate yourself.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't know what's worse the continuing litany of presidential falsehoods

or those so hell bent on disproving them that they reveal their inner selves.

How did ordinary people get caught up in such polarising views of issues,

I think everyone needs to chill out and forget politics for a few months.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Honestly, I don't know what's worse the continuing litany of presidential falsehoods

or those so hell bent on disproving them that they reveal their inner selves.

How did ordinary people get caught up in such polarising views of issues,

I think everyone needs to chill out and forget politics for a few months.

In an election year?

yeah, good luck with that. 

• Haha 1

It's not the President lies and those who disagree are hellbent. Wapo stopped being a credible source long ago. They spend most of time saying Trump's claims about the economy being "great" was a lie because their crack economists who have been wrong said it was only "good" and not great. If you are going to post this, where are the Obama stats? Or any other politician for that matter? Even if you're a never-Trumper on here, this is dumb. 

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

In an election year?

yeah, good luck with that. 

I just got sanctioned over on GMI for using the word election,

the context was that the virus affecting people's ability to work

would probably still be going at that time.

Apparently, that innocent post kicked off a a storm of political posta

ant it was deemed political and non- industry based commentary

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Trump lies aren't just stupid, they can kill you.

It wasn't worth mentioning except it came back in the news yet again. https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

FoMoCo has historically been an equal opportunity employer, as a leader. "Of those in attendance (Henry Ford I funeral) , African-Americans represented a large percentage. They paid homage to the industrialist who hired them - along with women and physically disabled - when no other company would and who paid them the same wages as white men."

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20030601/SUB/306010874/ford-was-first-company-to-hire-blacks-in-large-numbers

So, yes Ford listens and has a dialogue. 100 people may not be significant, but still worthy. Not just racial issues either of course:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2017/12/11/ford-listed-among-best-places-to-work-for-lgbt-equality-in-u-s--.html

Trump is no friend to Ford. " Ford said in a statement that it is focused on acting to protect the environment while also protecting the affordability of vehicles. “This agreement with California provides regulatory stability while reducing CO2 more than complying with two different standards,” it said." https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autos-emissions-trump/trump-attacks-ford-motor-for-not-backing-fuel-economy-rollback-idUSKCN1VB1QQ

Ford has a long view,  not supporting a President who uses them for his short term goals.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

So you don’t think that injecting poison is a treatment?  Tell that to all the chemotherapy recipients.  It’s not nearly as far fetched as some want it to be even though it was stupid to say it that way.

What’s ridiculous is all of a sudden a drug that has been used safely for 60 years is going to kill you. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

What’s ridiculous is all of a sudden a drug that has been used safely for 60 years is going to kill you. 

Lots of things can kill you. Drinking too much water can kill you.  Even a drug which has been safely used for 60 years can kill you. 

29 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Lots of things can kill you. Drinking too much water can kill you.  Even a drug which has been safely used for 60 years can kill you. 

Right, but the opponents are acting like it's a 100% certainty it will kill you. I have people I know and am close to that share that opinion. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've been to tropical areas like Panama for work over the years and was perscribed it every time for malaria.  People of all ages take it regularly down there so I never understood how all of a sudden it wasn't safe any more...

Edited by CoolScoop

27 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

I've been to tropical areas like Panama for work over the years and was perscribed it every time for malaria.  People of all ages take it regularly down there so I never understood how all of a sudden it wasn't safe any more...

TDS, that's why

• Like 3

The sad part is that nobody even cares about the truth any more.  All they care about is making the other side look bad and their side look good.  

Trump announces big changes for lowering prescription Drug costs and all the reporters want to ask about is some doctor that trump watched for 30 seconds and retweeted.   And the same thing happened to a lesser degree with Obama.  I’m sick of it.

• Like 1

A guy told me the other day that the Bible says when right becomes wrong and wrong becomes right, the end is near.  Tensions are high between China and the US, and the pentagon is releasing files possibly confirming the existence of UFO's/extra terrestrial life.  Spend all your money now and kiss every girl you see!  Pinch her rear end too!  I am!   LOL

• Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Joe771476 said:

A guy told me the other day that the Bible says when right becomes wrong and wrong becomes right, the end is near.  Tensions are high between China and the US, and the pentagon is releasing files possibly confirming the existence of UFO's/extra terrestrial life.  Spend all your money now and kiss every girl you see!  Pinch her rear end too!  I am!   LOL

The sooner the better!

• Like 1

Apparently I am not supposed to use Google to search for actual information! Too bad.

This is from https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2019014.

Conclusions

Among patients hospitalized with mild-to-moderate Covid-19, the use of hydroxychloroquine, alone or with azithromycin, did not improve clinical status at 15 days as compared with standard care. (Funded by the Coalition Covid-19 Brazil and EMS Pharma; ClinicalTrials.gov number, NCT04322123. opens in new tab.)

Not some UFO, demon seed, nut. It is not a cure. THAT is the problem, it is being touted as a cure.

On topic: " The drug nevertheless saw a briefly renewed lease on life earlier this month when researchers at the Henry Ford Health System in Detroit published a retrospective analysis of 2,541 hospitalized Covid-19 patients in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases showing that 13% of those treated with the drug died, compared with 26.4% of those who did not receive it. However, while several right-wing media figures celebrated the data, a review in the same journal pointed to numerous confounding factors that called the purported benefit into question. And two weeks ago, a post-publication peer review in the International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents strongly criticized the original paper that spurred interest in the drug, published earlier this year, pointing to numerous methodological flaws rendering it “nearly if not completely uninformative” and denouncing it as “fully irresponsible.” https://medcitynews.com/2020/07/hydroxychloroquine-flunks-phase-iii-trial-in-mild-to-moderate-covid-19/

I can share that in my country Covax-19 is extremely promising and moving to a second round of trials,

we hope will include infected elderly from  Victorian nursing homes now caught up in a resurgence

of the virus in Australia.

Guys, vaccines are coming but it's still going to take time but if they don't have nasty side effects

I hope the medical community work with governments to issue vaccines as wider trials to 

patients in most need - that would turn the tide knowing that no one else needs to die.