Toyota Corolla Cross

rmc523

I kinda like it.  It's weird because I used to hate Toyota's styling.  The last couple of years, they're new models actually look decent.

Pictures are hard to tell, but it kinda appears to be a slightly lowered and maybe longer version of the RAV4?  I'm guessing with Ford coming up with more variants of CUV's, this is Toyota's foray into more CUV's.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Not sure where this fits in the lineup?   Styling is an improvement over recent Toyotas.

From the article:

The Corolla Cross enters the lineup below the RAV4 as the sensible sibling to the style-focused C-HR. Sharing the same TNGA-C platform and 103.9-inch wheelbase as the C-HR, the Thai-market Corolla Cross stands 175.5 inches long, 71.9 inches wide, and 63.8 inches tall. Those numbers make it three inches longer, one inch wider, and two inches taller than our C-HR.

Edited by Harley Lover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, J-150 said:

With this a half step down and the Venza a half step up from the RAV, plus the CHR and Highlander, I see Toyota crowding their own showroom.

Not any more crowed than Hyundai, Kia, Chevrolet, and Nissan. 

On 7/11/2020 at 12:36 PM, J-150 said:

With this a half step down and the Venza a half step up from the RAV, plus the CHR and Highlander, I see Toyota crowding their own showroom.

Ford's showrooms will be crowded: EcoSport, Escape, Bronco Sport, Edge, and Explorer CUVs; Bronco and Expedition SUVs, and Fusion "Outback" wagon.

On 7/10/2020 at 7:53 AM, akirby said:

Not sure where this fits in the lineup?   Styling is an improvement over recent Toyotas.

This is the short C Toyota CUV. Will compete with Mazda CX-30, Nissan Rogue Sport, Jeep Compass, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Chevy Trailblazer, Buick Encore GX, Subaru XV etc.

Subcompact/B-segment: Yaris Cross

Compact/C-segment coupe: CH-R

Compact/C-segment short: Corolla Cross

Compact/C-segment long: RAV4 + Venza (Harrier)

Midsize/D-segment: Fortuner + 4Runner/Prado (market specific) + Highlander

Large/E-segment: Sequoia + Landcruiser 200

Specialty/Heritage: Landcruiser 70

Edited by bzcat