2021 Expedition Production Information

ice-capades

• 9 months later...

2021MY EXPEDITION AUTO START-STOP REMOVAL AVAILABILITY (09/23/2021)

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be advised of new availability of Start-Stop Removal option for 22MY Explorer & 21MY Expedition and resulting impact to scheduling orders.

SUMMARY
As a way for U.S. customers to get their Explorer & Expedition sooner, Ford will implement an optional Auto Start/Stop removal on 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition. Those who decide to purchase an Explorer or Expedition, with the optional start/stop removal, will receive a $50 credit. Auto Stop/Start will be removed from the standard section of all Monroney labels. The removal option will be shown in the optional section of the Monroney sticker as Auto Start Stop Removal.

Implementation timing estimates for 22MY Explorer (2.3L Engine applications only) and Expedition (all engines except Platinum) is late September. The Auto Start/Stop function will remain as standard equipment for those customers who prefer it. However, the delivery timing for those vehicles will be longer.

• To optimize availability of Start-Stop functionality, all stock orders will be required to be modified to include the Start-Stop Removal feature for scheduling until further notice
• Retail and Fleet orders may retain this feature at their discretion
• Existing unscheduled Stock orders will be amended to include 52X
• Newly entered stock orders will require 52X to be added during order submission
• To align with current chip availability, some previously scheduled Explorer stock orders with the above configurations will be spec changed to add the Auto Start-Stop Removal (Option Code: 52X)
• Current 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition order guides and pricing reflect this plan
• Updated order guides and pricing was posted to FMCDealer on Monday, September 20, 2021

Note: Removal of Auto Start-Stop functionality will impact fuel economy on those affected units. Updated EPA-estimated fuel economy will be printed on window labels.

Edited by ice-capades
typo

2022MY EXPEDITION AUTO START-STOP REMOVAL AVAILABILITY (09/24/2021)

REASON FOR SUPERSEDE
• Expedition Auto Start-Stop Removal Option is 52L, not 52X as previously communicated.

ACTION REQUESTED
• Please be advised of new availability of Start-Stop Removal option for 22MY Explorer & 21MY Expedition and resulting impact to scheduling orders.

SUMMARY
As a way for U.S. customers to get their Explorer & Expedition sooner, Ford will implement an optional Auto Start/Stop removal on 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition. Those who decide to purchase an Explorer or Expedition, with the optional start/stop removal, will receive a $50 credit. Auto Stop/Start will be removed from the standard section of all Monroney labels. The removal option will be shown in the optional section of the Monroney sticker as Auto Start Stop Removal.

Implementation timing estimates for 22MY Explorer (2.3L Engine applications only) and Expedition (Platinum series excluded) is late September. The Auto Start/Stop function will remain as standard equipment for those customers who prefer it. However, the delivery timing for those vehicles will be longer.

• To optimize availability of Start-Stop functionality, all stock orders will be required to be modified to include the Start-Stop Removal feature for scheduling until further notice
• Retail and Fleet orders may retain this feature at their discretion
• Existing unscheduled Stock orders will be amended to include 52X (Explorer) / 52L (Expedition)
• Newly entered stock orders will require 52X (Explorer) / 52L (Expedition) to be added during order submission
• To align with current chip availability, some previously scheduled Explorer stock orders with the above configurations will be spec changed to add the Auto Start-Stop Removal - Option Code: 52X (Explorer) / 52L (Expedition)
• Current 22MY Explorer and 21MY Expedition order guides and pricing reflect this plan
• Updated order guides and pricing was posted to FMCDealer on Monday, September 20, 2021

Note: Removal of Auto Start-Stop functionality will impact fuel economy on those affected units. Updated EPA-estimated fuel economy will be printed on window labels.

• 4 weeks later...

INFORMATION
21MY Expedition Stop-Start Delete Update

ACTION REQUESTED
Please ensure Dealership employees are aware of the 21MY Expedition Stop-Start Delete changes.

SUMMARY
On 9/22 we issued a communication that remaining 21MY Expedition orders will be modified to include option 52L for Stop-Start delete. We will now be reinstating Stop-Start on 21MY Expedition; therefore all 21MY serialized orders will be re-spec’d to delete 52L and to have Start/Stop on the vehicle.

Starting today through 21MY B/O, option 52L will no longer be available. You will see these orders re-spec’d with the deletion of 52L starting today. Updated order guide with this deletion to follow, and the $50 credit associated with option 52L will no longer apply to these orders through B/O.