Enjoy today, Boys. it's Bronco Time

I feel like this saga has been going on forever, but the day is finally here. 

A couple years back, one of my sources on the project said that Bronco was getting "every bit of attention and resources that F-Series and Mustang get. It's that important." From what we've seen so far, they absolutely stuck to it. 

I told you all early last year that Hackett's directive has been to "commit to and own segments." While there will be some outliers here or there, I think that what the team did with the Bronco program absolutely embodies the idea of fully committing to and the desire to own a segment. 

They fought for the second vehicle (Bronco Sport) to help insulate the new brand and stabilize things... protecting future profitability. 

While it won't be "really real" until @fuzzymoomoo is watching them go down the line, we should all be happy that this day finally came. After watching FCA skate with relatively minimal investment into Jeep over the last decade or so, and the absolute abomination that GM stuck the storied Blazer nameplate to... this is a big day for us. 

I hope you enjoy tonight as much as  I plan to... pour a few fingers of the good bourbon and watch. The heart and soul of Ford - that human element that's difficult to capture in steel, rubber, and cloth - flows though every inch of these 3 vehicles. This is the start of something great. 

Enjoy it, boys.  

• Like 17

I can't wait to start building them. Bump results should go up today so hopefully by the time the reveal starts at 8 I should know for sure whether or not I'll be on the Bronco line (I'm 95% sure now but I've been burned before). 

Hopefully I can get ahead a little bit tonight so I can park my Hilo and catch a few minutes of it live. 

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I can't wait to start building them. Bump results should go up today so hopefully by the time the reveal starts at 8 I should know for sure whether or not I'll be on the Bronco line (I'm 95% sure now but I've been burned before). 

Hopefully I can get ahead a little bit tonight so I can park my Hilo and catch a few minutes of it live. 

Please make sure we don't relive the Explorer launch with the Bronco.  Ford certainly can't afford to go through that again. (Yes I know you can't personally control it)

Edited by blwnsmoke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, blwnsmoke said:

Please make sure we don't relive the Explorer launch with the Bronco.  Ford certainly can't afford to go through that again. (Yes I know you can't personally control it)

I'd say there is zero chance of that happening because it's MAP not CAP and the Ranger launch was well executed and because this is the 3rd ICON for Ford after F150 and Mustang.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Good luck to all involved tonight! Looking forward to seeing the beginning of the Bronco brand. With what we already know, the Bronco will be highly innovative in its segment, so it should be great. Heck, in a few years, I hope to even see some type of full-size Bronco as well

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Any idea if they are going to let the cat of the bag in regards to the manual transmission availability tonight?  If not, I guess I will have to wait for the order guide.

I can't see why they wouldn't.

28 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

That's what I've heard. I'd *love* get in there at some point... I wish tours were available. 

I could see them doing tours of the final assembly building at some point, but with paint and body literally being separate buildings (body shop is on the other side of the railroad tracks) I'm not sure how feasible it would be to get to all 3 departments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I feel like this saga has been going on forever, but the day is finally here. 

I hope you enjoy tonight as much as  I plan to... pour a few fingers of the good bourbon and watch. The heart and soul of Ford - that human element that's difficult to capture in steel, rubber, and cloth - flows though every inch of these 3 vehicles. This is the start of something great. 

Enjoy it, boys.  

It has been going on forever but definitely a big day for Ford and hats off to all involved. This is good for the industry and consumer also-since it will only make all the products stronger. I think Jeep has done an excellent job protecting their brand for the most part and it is a very solid product. I'm sure Ford will get there in most aspects, pass them in others and in the end.....we get a better product.  Ford definitely needs the cash so i hope this prints money. Can't come soon enough. Thanks for the perspective Premier!!

Kyle

• Like 1

I just hope the show is a little better than the F150 reveal; which was just really slow and corporate, and I ended up skipping through most of it. I am going to try and catch this one live, so hopefully I won't be tempted to fast forward. I'm infinitely more excited about the Bronco anyway.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not gonna happen. MAP has the best launch team in the company. 

I’m sure you guys will have a great launch. Ford cannot afford to mess this up and you MAP guys will do a fantastic job!

Edited by Oacjay98
  • Thanks 1

Just now, probowler said:

I just hope the show is a little better than the F150 reveal; which was just really slow and corporate, and I ended up skipping through most of it. I am going to try and catch this one live, so hopefully I won't be tempted to fast forward. I'm infinitely more excited about the Bronco anyway.

Seriously?  I thought the F150 reveal was well done and well executed.

I'm very excited about tonight's reveal! Especially given the fact it's happening live on multiple TV stations -- truly revolutionary!

I know I'm jumping the gun here, but I can't think of which new or refreshed vehicle is going to be revealed next. It's been a busy year with Explorer/Aviator, Escape/Corsair, F-150, Bronco, Bronco Sport and more that I honestly can't think of what might be next, or when.

Enjoy this one!   

The F-150 reveal was a totally different ballgame too. A lot of the changes to the F-150 are things you won’t notice until you’re actually in the thing. Bronco is a resurrection of a nameplate that hasn’t existed in 25 years, Ford will do it justice.

27 minutes ago, ANTAUS said:

I'll be stuck in a 5 hour budget board meeting, its also my bestfriends bday and she wants to do dinner hour, so something tells me i'll be watching it on the phone as she blows her candles...

As long as something's getting blown... ?‍♂️

((I'll see myself out)) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They dropped part of the curtain sometime last week (I was on vacation). It looks interesting to say the least. 

So forgive my ignorance, but when Bronco production begins will the Bronco 2 and 4 door and the Ranger all be intermixed running down the line?

49 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

So forgive my ignorance, but when Bronco production begins will the Bronco 2 and 4 door and the Ranger all be intermixed running down the line?

Sort of. One side builds Bronco bodies, one side builds Ranger bodies and they meet in the middle on a combined line. It's the same thing Kentucky has been doing ever since they moved the Expedition down there. You might even be able to see it in action on a YouTube video from KTP. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 4