Enjoy today, Boys. it's Bronco Time

13 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I don't think it makes much sense to have a Bronco pickup. Ranger is where it's at. The only way I could see it being feasible, is if they heavily differentiated them. I think part of the Gladitor's problem is too many compromises. Also, I think the design is ok at best.

The Bronco pickup under consideration. is a vast departure from Jeep's Gladiator. It also doesn't directly threaten Ranger or F-150 sales.

There's room for it... in my option. If it happens. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Soooo Anthony- What do you think about the *finished* interior? ?

I dig it! Still need to see it in person to get a feel of the large flat upright blank expanse of the passenger side of the dash, but with the color and everything else in place, it looks great! Retro and modern at the same time.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The Bronco pickup under consideration. is a vast departure from Jeep's Gladiator. It also doesn't directly threaten Ranger or F-150 sales.

Would such a pickup truck even be based on the midsize bof Bronco?

57 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Maybe a re-incarnation of the Sport Trac, at 2x the price of Ranger?

HRG

21 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

??

Interesting...

14 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Maybe a re-incarnation of the Sport Trac, at 2x the price of Ranger?

HRG

I've always hoped to see a Bronco Sport Trac pickup and Bronco Max based on a platform bigger than the Ranger in my wildest dreams honestly.

49 minutes ago, Broncofan7 said:

I've always hoped to see a Bronco Sport Trac pickup and Bronco Max based on a platform bigger than the Ranger in my wildest dreams honestly.

I can see a Sport Trac Bronco happening, but I'm also not 100% how well a larger Bronco would actually do in off roading...unless they just want it to be a mall cruiser bus LOL

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I can see a Sport Trac Bronco happening, but I'm also not 100% how well a larger Bronco would actually do in off roading...unless they just want it to be a mall cruiser bus LOL

Lol I know that one is very out there, but perhaps it could do something along the lines of a Jeep Rescue Concept (not necessarily based on such a heavy vehicle though) or a three-row Bronco to have more storage/bring the large family while off-roading. Crazy, but could maybe work.

16 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My lease is up in May. Gonna need something sooner. Honestly the timing of Bronco may not even work out even if it did fit all of my needs. 

There's nothing wrong with the current Ranger especially if you are leasing again. If you're purchasing for the long haul then you might want the updated model coming in a couple years.

1 minute ago, 2005Explorer said:

There's nothing wrong with the current Ranger especially if you are leasing again. If you're purchasing for the long haul then you might want the updated model coming in a couple years.

Im going to do 1 more lease then once the updated model comes along I'll buy the new one outright. 

That's my current plan anyway

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im going to do 1 more lease then once the updated model comes along I'll buy the new one outright. 

That's my current plan anyway

In that case I'd totally lease the current Ranger if I were you and by the time you're ready to buy the new model will be out with a year or more of improvements made.

52 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

In that case I'd totally lease the current Ranger if I were you and by the time you're ready to buy the new model will be out with a year or more of improvements made.

My complaints on what the Ranger doesn't have (manual transmission not withstanding. I've all but given up on that unfortunately) are well documented. Hopefully the new one fixes that. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My complaints on what the Ranger doesn't have (manual transmission not withstanding. I've all but given up on that unfortunately) are well documented. Hopefully the new one fixes that. 

I could be mistaken...but Ill go out on a limb and guess the updated Ranger will have powertrain variants....

6 hours ago, abdielpac2005 said:

Any idea if they are going to let the cat of the bag in regards to the manual transmission availability tonight?  If not, I guess I will have to wait for the order guide

7-speed manual transmission with crawler gear available with 2.3L EcoBoost engine.

On 7/15/2020 at 8:17 AM, PREMiERdrum said:

So please tell us the difference between the 2022 Ranger Raptor and Bronco pickup? Profit margin? Desert running vs. rock climbing? What exactly. Interesting that Ford sees no market for even one sedan, but wants to flood the market with myriad pickups. How soon will the Asians and Germans start joining in with lots of competition. See that Toyota is doing a new FJ based on the new Tundra or Tacoma. 

2 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

So please tell us the difference between the 2022 Ranger Raptor and Bronco pickup? Profit margin? Desert running vs. rock climbing? What exactly. Interesting that Ford sees no market for even one sedan, but wants to flood the market with myriad pickups. How soon will the Asians and Germans start joining in with lots of competition. See that Toyota is doing a new FJ based on the new Tundra or Tacoma. 

Imports have been trying to compete with Ford trucks and utilities for decades with limited success.  

• Like 1

The tundra and taco are so far the biggest and only ones to really succeed. 

Mitsubishi tried with the raider, even had a super bowl ad but it fizzled along with the rest of their business. It even had the advantage of sharing its platform with dodge.