Official 2021 Bronco 2 door and 4 door reveal

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The Bronco Sport is almost 8 inches shorter then the Escape

Bronco Sport 172.7

Escape:180.5

I think this is a legacy of how the Bronco Sport project evolved. It started as a cheaper/smaller CUV to slot in below Escape to compete with Jeep Compass, Subaru XV, and Nissan Qashqai so the size was baked in early. It was only later that Farley pushed for this to become a premium vehicle and Ford Europe and Asia decided to drop out of the project (they still wanted a cheaper C utility - Ford China got a consolation prize with Territory instead).

55 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

just for reference, the brand new Chevrolet trailblazer is 173.5 inches long. Isn’t it a subcompact?

Trailblazer is a small C/compact class utility.

Chevy Trax (and its replacement Chevy Tracker) is the subcompact.

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The Bronco Sport is almost 8 inches shorter then the Escape

Bronco Sport 172.7

Escape:180.5

just a bit more digging

Bronco Sport

1st row legroom 42.4”

2nd row legroom 36.9”

Ecosport

1st row legroom 42.9”

2nd row legroom 36.7”

While the legroom is very similar to the Ecosport, the sport is about 5 inches wider so you have a bit more shoulder and hip room. Headroom is very similar too. The sport also has about 10-15 cubic feet more of storage than the Ecosport.

the bronco (2 and 4 door) both have 36.3 inches of 2nd row legroom. The current ranger has 34.5”. Im 6’2” and the back of the ranger was a bit tight so those extra 2 inches will help out a lot in the bronco.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

I have had some time now to digest all the information and I got to say.. the wait was worth it! Ford surpassed my expectation and these are well executed and designed vehicles that should sell really well.

Just the fact that you can take the doors off and still have mirrors... it shows that Ford did its homework and delivered.

Also, I'm really digging the Sport a lot more than I expected. I think it will do really well with the target market. It's not that much more expensive than Subaru XV but offers so much more. It also makes Jeep Compass and Chevy Trailblazer look positively low rent and uninspiring. And yes, I'm aware the Sport MSRP is higher than Jeep or Chevy but I think it shows how much confidence Ford has in this little ute. It is the true test of Farley's (and by extension Hackett's) strategy of dominate the niche and use premium product to challenge the middle, rather than starting from the commodity and try to reach the lifestyle buyers. 

Here are the basic breakdown of equipment level and different appearance theme... we discussed this earlier about how they may be independent and this looks largely correct. 

Appearance theme: optional equipment packages

Base/no theme: Sasquatch + Tow

Big Bend: Sasquatch + Tow + Mid Pack

Black Diamond: Sasquatch + Tow + Mid Pack

Outer Banks (Mid Pack standard): Sasquatch + Tow + High Pack or Lux Pack

Bad Lands: Sasquatch + Tow + Mid Pack, High Pack, or Lux Pack

Wildtrak (Sasquatch + Mid Pack standard): Tow + High Pack or Lux Pack

First Edition (Sasquatch + Lux Pack standard): Tow

No theme is limited to standard equipment

Big Bend and Black Diamond tops out at Mid Pack

Outer Banks and Wildtrak require Mid Pack or higher

Bad Lands available in all trim levels

Edited by bzcat

If you start doing some pricing comparisons ironically the Bronco Sport is priced about the same as the Escape. The Escape starts a tiny bit under the Bronco Sport, but if you consider AWD is standard in the Bronco it’s a wash. As you move up trim levels it’s pretty comparable as well. Of course that’s MSRP and it’s likely the Escape will get a lot more cash thrown on the hood to get it to move off the lots since it’s been a fairly mediocre seller so far.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

After looking at everything, I think outside of the First Edition and Outer Banks models, its black. I've seen no mention of a white roof, so I'm guessing its an aftermarket item.

They sure do have it on their site, though - plus the roll cage is painted white as part of it too - that's not something that would be aftermarket.

image.thumb.png.085c3dbf761d7edd9e5d4690c6b1cbc1.png

18 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

If you start doing some pricing comparisons ironically the Bronco Sport is priced about the same as the Escape. The Escape starts a tiny bit under the Bronco Sport, but if you consider AWD is standard in the Bronco it’s a wash. As you move up trim levels it’s pretty comparable as well. Of course that’s MSRP and it’s likely the Escape will get a lot more cash thrown on the hood to get it to move off the lots since it’s been a fairly mediocre seller so far.

the sport is about the same size length and width as the Jeep Compass. The compass 4x4 starts at 23,780 and the trail hawk starts at 29,850. 

14 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

the sport is about the same size length and width as the Jeep Compass. The compass 4x4 starts at 23,780 and the trail hawk starts at 29,850. 

Oh so it’s basically a subcompact instead of a compact. Interesting.

Edited by 2005Explorer

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Yeah I know it’s optional, but that’s probably at least another 2k you’re gonna have to pay. I was hoping since the original bronco came with a hard top that this would too.

The 2 door comes standard with a hard top (I don’t think a soft top is even available for it.) and the original was only a 2 door so in that sense it’s true to the original.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bzcat said:

Also, I'm really digging the Sport a lot more than I expected. I think it will do really well with the target market. It's not that much more expensive than Subaru XV but offers so much more. It also makes Jeep Compass and Chevy Trailblazer look positively low rent and uninspiring. And yes, I'm aware the Sport MSRP is higher than Jeep or Chevy but I think it shows how much confidence Ford has in this little ute. It is the true test of Farley's (and by extension Hackett's) strategy of dominate the niche and use premium product to challenge the middle, rather than starting from the commodity and try to reach the lifestyle buyers. 

Bz, do you have any sense of what Ford did to 'upgrade' the Sport chassis (or rest of the vehicle for that matter) from Escape duty to Bronco duty? I've read anecdotal comments from Ford reps saying things along the lines of 'it's not just an Escape with a different body', but other than full time AWD  and the GOAT capability, I've not read any other details about changes that were made. Any idea of what was done?

Edited by Harley Lover

7 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

Oh so it’s basically a subcompact instead of a compact. Interesting.

Compass is on the lower limit and only just a Compact,  Bronco Sport in comparison

has a near perfect mix of short C  proportion and styling, many are going to love it and

consign Ecosport to history - Sport is just better value.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Compass is on the lower limit and only just a Compact,  Bronco Sport in comparison

has a near perfect mix of short C  proportion and styling, many are going to love it and

consign Ecosport to history - Sport is just better value.

Yes. After doing a few more size comparisons the Bronco Sport is within in inch or two of most dimensions of the 1st and 2nd Gen Escapes, but is a little wider. If you loved the boxy Escape and miss it you have your replacement.

Edited by 2005Explorer

17 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

What are the differences between sync 3 and sync 4? It looks like the sport (and the escape) will be running sync 3. The article below also mentions that only the 12” screen in the bronco will be sync 4, and that the 8” will be sync 3. Not sure how accurate that is.

https://www.motor1.com/news/433674/2021-ford-bronco-interior/

Pretty sure sync 4 is only there to support the larger screen.  The latest version of sync 3 supports all the non screen related new features.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

The 2 door comes standard with a hard top (I don’t think a soft top is even available for it.) and the original was only a 2 door so in that sense it’s true to the original.

Pretty sure the 2 door comes standard with both.

2 hours ago, Harley Lover said:

Bz, do you have any sense of what Ford did to 'upgrade' the Sport chassis (or rest of the vehicle for that matter) from Escape duty to Bronco duty? I've read anecdotal comments from Ford reps saying things along the lines of 'it's not just an Escape with a different body', but other than full time AWD  and the GOAT capability, I've not read any other details about changes that were made. Any idea of what was done?

I heard some specifics around the rear suspension and differential but can’t remember exactly.

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

I heard some specifics around the rear suspension and differential but can’t remember exactly.

Twin clutch differential for diverting drive power left or right.

Also has Terrain Management System with seven settings.

The whole package is more rugged and better ground clearance than Escape.

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Twin clutch differential for diverting drive power left or right.

Also has Terrain Management System with seven settings.

The whole package is more rugged and better ground clearance than Escape.

I guess my question to this would be, are these upgrades on all Sport models or just Badlands? I get the feeling the Badlands which only comes available with 2.0, gets all the goodies. All other models get the 3 cylinder, which I think is lame.