Official 2021 Bronco 2 door and 4 door reveal

58 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's already longer than Wrangler. Any longer and what’s the point? 

This thread is a bit confusing but we were oroginally talking about the Sport.

The Sport seems to arrive with dimensions comparable to NG Ecosport. I was not expecting it to be smaller than the Compass.

That is a lot of information to digest all at once.

First, the Sport actually looks really good. For not really being a fan of crossovers, they did very well on that for me.

The Bronco's interior looks really simple and functional to me. Great layout and design. And it looks Ford really thought of everything from the doors, to the roof, etc. Everything I wanted in that regard.

Well done.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I guess my question to this would be, are these upgrades on all Sport models or just Badlands? I get the feeling the Badlands which only comes available with 2.0, gets all the goodies. All other models get the 3 cylinder, which I think is lame. 

I believe you are right about the badlands. I don’t know why ford is only offering the 2.0 on one trim. the outer banks trim is the more luxurious trim, you’d think it would at least be an option on that.

I also find it odd that a power lift gate isn’t even an option on any trim. You would think the foot activated lift gate would be a nice feature to have if you are out camping and are loading and unloading a bunch of gear. maybe that isn’t a feature that is commonly offered in vehicles this size?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I also find it odd that a power lift gate isn’t even an option on any trim. You would think the foot activated lift gate would be a nice feature to have if you are out camping and are loading and unloading a bunch of gear. maybe that isn’t a feature that is commonly offered in vehicles this size?

I bet it has to do with the glass hatch opening. if you have that open and then hit the button to open the tailgate, you'd break it?

1 hour ago, passis said:

This thread is a bit confusing but we were oroginally talking about the Sport.

The Sport seems to arrive with dimensions comparable to NG Ecosport. I was not expecting it to be smaller than the Compass.

It probably would be prudent to split into separate Bronco and Bronco sport threads to eliminate any confusion.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I bet it has to do with the glass hatch opening. if you have that open and then hit the button to open the tailgate, you'd break it?

That would be easy to prevent by just programming it to prohibiting opening the hatch with the glass open. 

Best info yet about the tops, including clarification on black/white vs painted-

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/bronco/2021/2021-ford-bronco-first-look

Broncos are offered with a choice of two removable hard tops. The basic one comes molded in black or white and features two interlocking sections over the front seats that can be stowed on board in bags like Jeep's Freedom Top panels. On four-door models, a third large panel above the rear seat opens the entire roof section but doesn't stow on board. Quarter-turn latches release all these panels. The remaining roof section enclosing the rear cargo area is comparatively small and easy to maneuver, and with it off and all windows lowered, even with the frameless doors installed you get a true "max air" convertible feel.

A second modular hard top gets painted and adds the third rear roof panel for two-doors along with removable rear quarter windows for better airflow with the rear roof section attached.

The 2021 Ford Bronco four-door also offers a soft top, which features a large section over the seats that can be thrown back for a sunroof feel. Its party trick is that the bottom of the rear section lifts up and out of the way to facilitate loading larger items that might not easily fit through the rear window and swing gate.

• Like 1

Love everything - Great Job!  Total game changer for Ford.

Please tell me there is an option for something other than all blacked out wheels.  I know it is the 'modern' trend but I still like the old school brighter alloy.

Old School Wheels.PNG

Edited by Kev-Mo

• akirby changed the title to Official 2021 Bronco 2 door and 4 door reveal

Haven't seen this mentioned, sorry if I missed - anyone else see a tad of International Scout DNA in this new Bronco?   I see it and and I love it!  Great old vehicle to grab some inspiration from.

Maybe most here don't even remember this vehicle existed...

Scout.PNG

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

2" factory lift and 37" tires

2021 Bronco 2 inch lift kit 37 inch tires.jpg

17 minutes ago, valve said:

Maybe he's slouched over but that looks like a really high belt line.

The belt line does look really high, however the door dips down so it won’t be that bad

3 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

A guy over there is claiming it’s him in the pic and he aI 5’10”. If true, it looks huge!

2inch lift?...how does that work with coil overs...? Im sure people will go nuts customizing but lifting has never been my favorite...

Edited by Deanh

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Twin clutch differential for diverting drive power left or right.

Also has Terrain Management System with seven settings.

The whole package is more rugged and better ground clearance than Escape.

Also on Bad Lands (2.0 EB), it comes with torque vectoring AWD which Ford used on MKZ but had not used on Fusion or Escape.