Official 2021 Bronco 2 door and 4 door reveal

So Ford has confirmed a couple of things people were asking regarding manual availability:

1. No manual with based no theme 4 door which is auto only (I'm guessing this is going to be fleet order only). No theme 2 door comes standard with manual. If you want 4 door and manual, the entry point appears to be Big Bend.

2. Sasquatch package requires automatic.

3. Outer Banks theme not available with manual despite having standard 2.3 EB.

Edited by bzcat

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I'm locked in on Cactus Gray.. hoping the Navy Pier cloth option is available.

That would be cool!  Might have to check that out on the Black Diamond (which is the trim I think I want (with 2.7, Mid-Package, and hard top option)).

20 minutes ago, bzcat said:

So Ford has confirmed a couple of things people were asking regarding manual availability:

1. No manual with based no theme 4 door which is auto only (I'm guessing this is going to be fleet order only). No theme 2 door comes standard with manual. If you want 4 door and manual, the entry point appears to be Big Bend.

2. Sasquatch package requires automatic.

3. Outer Banks theme not available with manual despite having standard 2.3 EB.

So does that suggest the stated price for the Outer Banks includes the Automatic transmission?  That would be great, and helps me get closer to the Sasquatch package. 

28 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Damn, I recognize a lot of those people. Must be all the salary people getting their press photos done 

Those were taken right outside the Stamping/sub assembly building just outside the labor and union offices. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

51 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If I'm autographing anything it's a body panel before it goes through paint unfortunately. 

Would you be able to easily identify when a BON members Bronco is coming through?  That would be very cool if you could you could put a note in it somewhere or something like that.  

Just now, tbone said:

Would you be able to easily identify when a BON members Bronco is coming through?  That would be very cool if you could you could put a note in it somewhere or something like that.  

Nope, not unless they can give me the VIN and even then it's damn near impossible because the VIN tags go on after the body is painted. 

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

The Ford website has a 360 colorizer so you can see how the 2 or 4 door looks in any color.  The colors look pretty accurate too.  Scroll down about 2/3rd down this page and its right there. https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/?intcmp=brncobrand-learnmore-reveal-bronco

370519668_ScreenShot2020-07-15at8_42_12AM.thumb.png.20042cac25b35f3032dccd9570303a99.png

Right, but my photos go with the white roof, which is what a lot of people are wondering about.  Plus, Velocity Blue is absent in their colorizer for some reason.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm not sure why but I really like the white door handles. 

I think they're definitely a unique touch - and FAR better than the stupid black plastic that all but the Outer Banks come with.

10 minutes ago, tbone said:

You just need to know the right people. I was at MAP in late '96 to see my shiny-new 1st Gen Expedition come off the line,,,,

HRG

2021-bronco-interior-dashboard-seats-roo

I am guessing that this is a badlands. The interior looked very plain. Look at the start button for example. It’s just surrounded in black plastic. We know it’s not a low level trim because it has the 12” screen which requires the HI package.

38483864-7671-46BF-9F12-D629AF146F2B.jpeg

18 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

2021-bronco-interior-dashboard-seats-roo

I am guessing that this is a badlands. The interior looked very plain. Look at the start button for example. It’s just surrounded in black plastic. We know it’s not a low level trim because it has the 12” screen which requires the HI package.

38483864-7671-46BF-9F12-D629AF146F2B.jpeg

Its also a prototype so it might not be 100% production 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I think its a torque issue, at least with the 2.7L

As Mr. Truck talked about on one of his episodes the clutch friction materials don't cut the mustard anymore. You can't get asbestos-like back in the old days. You'll end up with a bunch of burned up clutch plates and pissed off customers. Had a customer in the early 2000's that burned out the clutch his Dakota and wanted it warrantied. No Bueno. Actually went across the state to Rapid City trying to find a dealer he could con.

50 minutes ago, probowler said:

What is wrong with this transmission that it can't handle the big boy?

to move the massive, and HEAVY wheels and tires with the Sasquatch requires BIG time torque....2.3 wouldn't get  out of its own way...and to do so would put undue stress on the clutch, I was wondering about this this morning...now we have clarification...and DAMMIT wife now gets her Auto....wonder if I get to choose the 2 door now...

Edited by Deanh

4 minutes ago, Deanh said:

to move the massive, and HEAVY wheels and tires with the Sasquatch requires BIG time torque....2.3 wouldn't et  out of its own way...I was waondering about this this morning...now we have clarification...

I think Sasquatch is still available on the 2.3L, just not the MT. I could be wrong though.

2 hours ago, tbone said:

So does that suggest the stated price for the Outer Banks includes the Automatic transmission?  That would be great, and helps me get closer to the Sasquatch package. 

Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Bad Lands 4 door come with 7 speed standard.

Outer Banks and No Theme 4 door comes standard with auto (and 2.3).

Wildtrak and First Edition are only available with V6 so they are also auto only.

26 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I think Sasquatch is still available on the 2.3L, just not the MT. I could be wrong though.

Correct

Basically, either you get the crawler gear (manual) or front locker with 35" tires (Sasquatch). But not both. 

Effectively, Sasquatch defaults you into automatic, which is likely to be several hundred dollars extra on top of whatever Ford is asking for Sasquatch. So let say Sasquatch is $2,500 but in reality, it is more like $3,200 because you gonna have to get automatic too. I can see why Ford wants it this way... it's all about profit margin on options. If they make Sasquatch available on manual, a lot of people will forgo automatic and the extra profit margin. Or they will have to make Sasquatch more expensive, which saps demand. 

Edited by bzcat

Just now, T-dubz said:

They say this is the base bronco with Sasquatch.2021-base-bronco-sasquatch-package-under2021-base-bronco-sasquatch-package-under

see link for more pics and video. 

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/spotted-base-bronco-sasquatch-package-with-underhood-engine-shot-cyber-orange.2025/

Yep this is a Base Bronco w/ Sasquatch, but painted in a color thaf isn't available to order on the base model for PR purposes. ?‍♂️

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Big Bend, Black Diamond, and Bad Lands 4 door come with 7 speed standard.

Outer Banks and No Theme 4 door comes standard with auto (and 2.3).

Wildtrak and First Edition are only available with V6 so they are also auto only.

Correct

Basically, either you get the crawler gear (manual) or front locker with 35" tires (Sasquatch). But not both. 

Effectively, Sasquatch defaults you into automatic, which is likely to be several hundred dollars extra on top of whatever Ford is asking for Sasquatch. So let say Sasquatch is $2,500 but in reality, it is more like $3,200 because you gonna have to get automatic too. I can see why Ford wants it this way... it's all about profit margin on options. If they make Sasquatch available on manual, a lot of people will forgo automatic and the extra profit margin. Or they will have to make Sasquatch more expensive, which saps demand. 

not just that, autos multiply torque IIRC...manuals don't...makes sense with the big gumbos