Official 2021 Bronco Sport Reveal

22 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but from looking at the dimensions, it’s just too small for me. If this were escape size, it would be a different story. My current escape (2017 is 178.1” long) is about as small as I want to go and the Sport is 5.5” shorter than it is. numbers can be deceiving though so I’ll have to wait until I can sit in it.

The Bronco Sport is still a foot longer than the 1983 Bronco II

48 minutes ago, probowler said:

Is Brown a first year limited color for Ford? My 08 Escape has a nice brown interior, but all the 09s-12s I've seen only ever have Black or tan. I'm wondering if the bronco will continue to have this interior color next model year.

a saddle brown color goes nice with a vehicle named bronco.

8 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

So when are people going to start saying this what the Ford Maverick is going to look like? LOL

That’s not bad, make the back of the cabin upright instead of slanted and it’s a winner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

That would be a bad sign.  I think they priced Escape high just to see what they could get.  I expect Escape prices to drop some once the Sport arrives but I expect Sport rebates to remain on the lower side.

Reviewers are noting that sticker prices on the new Sport are high. The starting price on the awd Crosstrek is under $24,000. Ditto for Renegade. So look for rebates soon on the Sport IMO.

And with its boxier style, fuel mileage will suffer compared to the more slippery Escape.

That being said, the Sport will sell decently based on its Bronco exterior and promise of moderate offroading skills and features. IMO, there will be sticker shock especially on higher end trims and Ford customers are conditioned to big rebates.

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Reviewers are noting that sticker prices on the new Sport are high. The starting price on the awd Crosstrek is under $24,000. Ditto for Renegade. So look for rebates soon on the Sport IMO.

And with its boxier style, fuel mileage will suffer compared to the more slippery Escape.

That being said, the Sport will sell decently based on its Bronco exterior and promise of moderate offroading skills and features. IMO, there will be sticker shock especially on higher end trims and Ford customers are conditioned to big rebates.

Renegade trail hawk starts at $28K.  I think it’s priced competitively and can justify higher prices.

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Renegade trail hawk starts at $28K.  I think it’s priced competitively and can justify higher prices.

The badlands is $3700 more than the compass Trailhawk. I agree that it should be more expensive. It has quite a bit more power and more off-road goodies than the Trailhawk does. It’s the price difference on all the other trims that make it look expensive. All the other trims of the bronco sport are just regular 4x4. They don’t get the off road suspension, the advanced 4x4 with twin clutch rear drive unit, trail control, or the 245 hp motor like the badlands does. On the other trims, the compass is much more competitive and the sport is several thousand more (some compass models come standard with a manual so that does make them look even cheaper).

across the board the sport should be more expensive then the compass. I think some small incentives will be needed to help move it but it shouldn’t take much.

compass also has 3-3.5k in national incentives right now too. I wouldn’t expect the sport to get anywhere near that, but maybe 2k.

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I.... don't hate it

I kinda really like it 

Yes, that’s really neat and I hope that Ford goes in that styling direction with the compact pickup.

Random thought,

was just thinking about  the Edge redone as a boxier close cousin to Bronco Sport..... would that be too much

10 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Random thought,

was just thinking about  the Edge redone as a boxier close cousin to Bronco Sport..... would that be too much

I agree the lineup could accommodate a longer version of the Sport. If the platform is flexible, they should make use of the relative simplicity to implement modifications and populate the market.

Edited by passis

14 minutes ago, passis said:

I agree the lineup could accommodate a longer version of the Sport. If the platform is flexible, they should make use of the relative simplicity to implement modifications and populate the market.

a bronco sport and sport XL just like the expedition would work.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Yes, that’s really neat and I hope that Ford goes in that styling direction with the compact pickup.

Random thought,

Isn't the Bronco Sport supposed to be the Boxy one? I'm not sure if I see the value in making Edge look like Bronco Sport.... unless that style is coming back in the mainstream, I would leave the Edge alone to those who like those style of vehicles.

5 hours ago, passis said:

Disregarding US market preferences for a moment, technically would diesel versions of B-Sport and Maverick be costly?

I could imagine that nice efficient 2.0 diesel would have plenty of torque for diesel buyers in ROW.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Isn't the Bronco Sport supposed to be the Boxy one? I'm not sure if I see the value in making Edge look like Bronco Sport.... unless that style is coming back in the mainstream, I would leave the Edge alone to those who like those style of vehicles.

Yes and sorry I was getting off topic thinking about an Edge sized vehicle with squarer lines

you know, something different to the way crossovers have been going more car like.

9 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Yes and sorry I was getting off topic thinking about an Edge sized vehicle with squarer lines

you know, something different to the way crossovers have been going more car like.

Given the size of the Bronco and the Edge being nearly identical, I don't see how that would work.

I think the Edge's current chunky styling works for it...as long as it doesn't turn too much into an Escape next gen. 

15 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Given the size of the Bronco and the Edge being nearly identical, I don't see how that would work.

I think the Edge's current chunky styling works for it...as long as it doesn't turn too much into an Escape next gen. 

Yep. I personally think the edge should take on a more sporty look. Something like the mach e with more ground clearance and without the mustang influence.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, passis said:

Disregarding US market preferences for a moment, technically would diesel versions of B-Sport and Maverick be costly?

Any powertrain that is in C2 will fit in Bronco Sport so it's just a matter of Ford being able to make a business case out of it. Do 1.5 and 2.0 EcoBlue should both be possible. Since there is no plan to export it to Europe, I think the chance of diesel is not great. Does FCA sell a lot of diesel Compass in Brasil? 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Maybe Ford will do a big Bronco based off the Expedition platform. Why not? Enlarge the Bronco family into a different segment. 

Could be interesting depending on a number of factors including the potential impact on Expedition sales. Could the development cost be justified based on potential sales volume? A 2-door, full size Bronco would certainly be a legacy model but potential volume again would probably be limited compared to a full size 4-door Bronco that could be based on the Expedition. 

48 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Any powertrain that is in C2 will fit in Bronco Sport so it's just a matter of Ford being able to make a business case out of it. Do 1.5 and 2.0 EcoBlue should both be possible. Since there is no plan to export it to Europe, I think the chance of diesel is not great. Does FCA sell a lot of diesel Compass in Brasil? 

I couldn't tell you the precise piece of the pie the diesels represent but not neglegible, around 30% of the mix. Also helps to enforce the offroad image of the car. Since, by law, diesels have only been allowed in 4x4 models, people here tend not to take gas versions very seriously.