Official 2021 Bronco Sport Reveal

Wished they had a Deep Forest Green color as an option.

Seeing the 1.5 three banger only option for the Base, Big Bend and Outer Banks, makes me uncomfortable, like it's being a cheap design.

Kind of like the Eco Sport, a little too entry level.

Hope it sells well. 

On 7/14/2020 at 4:25 PM, T-dubz said:

bronco-sport-first-edition1.jpg

I think the first edition has the best grille with its blacked out letters.

Dadgum, it looks way Flex-y from that angle, IMHO. Not so much from the others, but that one screams "Flex" to me.

I do like that grille, though, and it looks much better than the Escape.

51 minutes ago, Anthony said:

The C-pillar on these kills the design for me.  Its almost as if they know that slanted C-pillar doesn't work because it's painted black to hide it. 

yeah, the c pillar looks a bit awkward, it looked better in the original design where it flowed into the roof and then the safari roof kinda sat on top of it.

broncosport_sketch_2-jpg.3207
21_FRD_BRO_49285.tif?croppathe=1_3x2&wid

Also I think the wheels kinda hurt the design too. The outer banks with its 18” wheels look much better than the other models.

js-bronco-sport-2.jpg

I think ford should do the following:

-offer the 2.0 on more than just the badlands

-offer larger wheels on more than just the outer banks

-offer the choice of roof color on all or most trims.

these three things would fix most of my complaints with the sport.

Edited by T-dubz

On 7/17/2020 at 12:49 PM, T-dubz said:

yeah, the c pillar looks a bit awkward, it looked better in the original design where it flowed into the roof and then the safari roof kinda sat on top of it.

broncosport_sketch_2-jpg.3207
21_FRD_BRO_49285.tif?croppathe=1_3x2&wid

Also I think the wheels kinda hurt the design too. The outer banks with its 18” wheels look much better than the other models.

js-bronco-sport-2.jpg

I think ford should do the following:

-offer the 2.0 on more than just the badlands

-offer larger wheels on more than just the outer banks

-offer the choice of roof color on all or most trims.

these three things would fix most of my complaints with the sport.

I'm in the market for one of these for my wife.  I was hoping this would be "it" for her.  (I have two 2 cars and my wife has one so we've decided to get at least one SUV in the garage.) 

For me, the issues I have with this product are:

Styling

- Don't like the big plastic C-Pillar - worst design feature on the vehicle.

- The front end is a little to rounded for my tastes but straight-on it looks good.

- Don't like how the infotainment screen sticks-up over the air vents.  That little storage area below it seems useless, anyway, so just push the screen down and make it all flush.  

Trims:

- Completely agree the lack of the 2.0L in the lower packages stinks.

- Lack of premium sound system in lower packages stinks, too.

- Also do not like the black roof - I prefer body color roof.  Why even bother with a gray roof option on Badlands???  That will look bad with anything else but the matching gray body paint IMO.

For us, Big Bend with the 2.0L engine and B&O sound system would have been perfect.  Would adding the 2.0L engine there just make it the same price as Badlands, anyway?  Maybe....but lack of colored roof on Badlands  is a bummer and I don't want to get black.  (I'm liking the silver color with silver roof.  I prefer easy to keep clean colors for my wife's vehicle, and we both hate white cars.  LOL.)  

25 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

So they are planning on making the Maverick, Bronco Sport, Transit Connect and Fusion Sport back at the same plant?

They are all C2 so in theory it is not that difficult to accomplish. It will be similar to Valencia or Chongqing where the same thing happens now with C1, C2, and CD4 (but soon it will all be C2 as well).

2021 is either going to be a banner year for Ford or a nightmare year of supply constrains and launch problems. Let's hope the team has their game plan to execute the perfect plays.

Edited by bzcat

A few years ago I made a horrible photoshop of a lifted Flex, to see what a modern day, 4-door Bronco might look like. While it's not the real Bronco, I had no idea at the time that I was actually on to something! I looked for it but I couldn't find it. While the flex doesn't directly translate to a lifted 4x4, but I'm really happy with Fords execution here, the baby Bronc looks great.