The Bronco Is Back, Thanks to a Group of Obsessed Ford Employees

14 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

They did a great job. The Edmund's review paid homage to the unbelievable detail built into the new Bronco. Every base is covered and more. Add in Bronco Rodeo and Bronco Nation plus all the accessories, and Ford has a big time winner on its hands. With America's blown out infrastructure, run wild virus, and leaderless White House and Congress, and the Bronco is the perfect vehicle for the times. Bravo Ford!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Looking at the timelines, there seems to have been a lot of bad luck trying to reintroduce the Bronco.

I'm glad that senior execs got on board and finally made it happen.

I have to believe that the stars didn't align until a few years ago to start this work in earnest. 

The company wasn't in the right position until then... it would *not* have been this good. A million little things had to fall into place for this project to work properly. We're SO lucky that they did. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I have to believe that the stars didn't align until a few years ago to start this work in earnest. 

The company wasn't in the right position until then... it would *not* have been this good. A million little things had to fall into place for this project to work properly. We're SO lucky that they did. 

Correct, buyers had to be hungry for it and willing to pay more to get what they want,

You can see how much effort has gone into this project to put the customer first and

deliver an outstanding family of vehicles, truly remarkable.

40 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Ford's problem has been it makes the best product when its back is against the wall. After a few years the MBA's come in and rule with the we can make more $$$ off this product if we do/don't do this. It is the cycle of life at Ford. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Ford's problem has been it makes the best product when its back is against the wall. After a few years the MBA's come in and rule with the we can make more $$$ off this product if we do/don't do this. It is the cycle of life at Ford. 

I won't disagree with this.  You just have to hope the product development changes they'e implemented (EPLM's) will work and be long-lasting.

Now that I've had a few days to look at the new Bronco's, it's amazing how good these vehicles are.  Shows you what Ford can do when they commit to something.

23 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

It does show what Ford can do when it wants to........ new Navigator, Aviator minus the launch problems, Ford GT, Mustang GT 350, Mach E, and now the Bronco.

Only problem with the new Bronco is can Ford produce enough to meet demand? I've heard the goal is 10,000/month. Assuming the economy doesn't completely crater, that seems woefully short. I would guess a minimum 15,000/month and even more first year. Ford has another 1964 Mustang and 1986 Taurus hit on its hands. Crank up production.

I think there is going to be alot of pent up demand, but long term I think 100K or so of them is very doable..then again we might be surprised. 

I can see the Bronco being the new basic white girl vehicle of choice in the county I live in now...which many of them have Wranglers now. 

38 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I've heard the goal is 10,000/month. 

@fuzzymoomoo can you confirm? There were something like 54.000 reservations made on Monday night. Even if a quarter of them drop, they're going to be in the weeds for months between reservations and stock orders. 

Did I read the hot sheet correctly that reserved units will be built roughly in the order of reservation (with allowances to adjust based on similar model sequencing and component availability) and before stock units? If so, that's a mighty heavy lift. 

I have to assume they'll add weekend shifts to meet initial demand? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

@fuzzymoomoo can you confirm? There were something like 54.000 reservations made on Monday night. Even if a quarter of them drop, they're going to be in the weeds for months between reservations and stock orders. 

Did I read the hot sheet correctly that reserved units will be built roughly in the order of reservation (with allowances to adjust based on similar model sequencing and component availability) and before stock units? If so, that's a mighty heavy lift. 

They definitely need to bump that up a bit.

1 minute ago, FordBuyer said:

Remember, Jeep sells about 18,000 Wranglers/month. I see Ford giving Jeep a good run for its money, especially when you consider the pent up demand for Bronco plus some conquest sales.

According to the Bronco6G poll, 34% of respondents are current or former wrangler owners. 17% say it will be the first Ford ever bought. That's  strong conquest numbers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I cannot, I haven't heard anything. 

They can add Saturday shifts as many times as necessary while we are still in launch phase (normally it's restricted to 6 per year) but they can only do 2 consecutively. Last year it was 2 on 1 off 1 on 1 off for most of the year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I cannot, I haven't heard anything. 

They can add Saturday shifts as many times as necessary while we are still in launch phase (normally it's restricted to 6 per year) but they can only do 2 consecutively. Last year it was 2 on 1 off 1 on 1 off for most of the year. 

What's the current Ranger output?

"Management didn’t want to hear any more about the Bronco. In company discussions about Ford’s portfolio, it was the name that couldn’t be uttered. “We were literally forbidden from using the B-word,” Grueber says."

Hey I remember a time not that long ago around this forum if you mentioned Ford building a real off-road SUV or a Wrangler fighter you were made fun of and called "clueless" about the modern auto industry. Of course, it was also some of the same people who claimed people who wanted a T6 Ranger in the US were pretty much idiots when it came to the US auto business. The Bronco and the Ranger will be printing money for Ford. I guess those of us who wanted these products weren't "idiots" after all.

Edited by 2005Explorer

23 minutes ago, 2005Explorer said:

Hey I remember a time not that long ago around this forum if you mentioned Ford building a real off-road SUV or a Wrangler fighter you were made fun of and called "clueless" about the modern auto industry. Of course, it was also some of the same people who claimed people who wanted a T6 Ranger in the US were pretty much idiots when it came to the US auto business. The Bronco and the Ranger will be printing money for Ford. I guess those of us who wanted these products weren't "idiots" after all.

The thing is the only reason the Bronco is around is because of the Ranger and the only reason the Ranger is around is because of the success of the GM twins. Not to mention gas prices being 50% cheaper (as of today) vs what it was 4-5-6 years ago too. 

If gas prices where still around $4-5 mark, the only thing we would have gotten was the Bronco Sport...which was part of the design proposal for "The Bronco" back 5 years ago. 

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

per our rep....56000 first night and its STILL climbing...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deanh said:

per our rep....56000 first night and its STILL climbing...

All I can say is Ford better have plenty of dealer stock for walk-ins, it's fine to have all kinds of designer themes

but I think that you'll find that a lot of folks are gonna fall in love with whatever trims are  on the lot,  they all have 

different personalities and that's a good thing

Man, it's been like forever since you've had a products like the Broncos, buyers trim and options to the max,

they'll be like kids in a toy shop.

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

All I can say is Ford better have plenty of dealer stock for walk-ins, it's fine to have all kinds of designer themes

but I think that you'll find that a lot of folks are gonna fall in love with whatever trims are  on the lot,  they all have 

different personalities and that's a good thing

Man, it's been like forever since you've had a products like the Broncos, buyers trim and options to the max,

they'll be like kids in a toy shop.

sadly...having actual inventory will be some time down theroad...and the units that do hit the lots will be scarce enough that  theres no doubt in my mind Addendums will rear their heads...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

sadly...having actual inventory will be some time down theroad...and the units that do hit the lots will be scarce enough that  theres no doubt in my mind Addendums will rear their heads...

I've also given up hope that I'll be able to pick one up on the A/Z plan.  Maybe after a year or so, after all the reservations are filled.

9 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

I've also given up hope that I'll be able to pick one up on the A/Z plan.  Maybe after a year or so, after all the reservations are filled.

Why?  This should not be a capacity-restrained vehicle like Mach-E, yet that's A/Z-Plan eligible.

Maybe we'll have to do like the Corvette guys did with the C-8, and start a running list of Dealers willing to sell at A/Z-Plan?

HRG