2021 F-150 Trailer TPMS

HotRunrGuy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/11/2021 at 9:53 PM, Kobl0019 said:

I wonder the cost on this? Is it aftermarket as well?

Just FYI / FWIW I have a 2022 Preview Order showing the item MSRP = $960 on a properly equipped F150 Lariat 4x4 500A.

My Dealer Rep did not know of any actual deliveries or installations of the item but explained that as a "DIO" it would almost certainly be 'available' for installation after vehicle purchase as a Ford Accessory.  'Available' being hedged a bit, both in regard to ordering with the vehicle or after vehicle purchase as he said he honestly didn't know if this item was subject to any delivery delays.

I decided to not include it in my vehicle order as finalized, I'll follow-up on the possibilities after my 2022 Lariat is delivered.

I have an aftermarket trailer+vehicle TPMS and trailer cam on my RV now, separate non-OE screens in the cab of my 2005 F150 course, it'd be very nice (and worth it for me) to get those features 'integrated' in the truck systems and displays, but not a deal-breaker for me.  YMMV.

Edited by FordEscape

I ordered that option with MY 2020 F350.... Back then, they were " INSIDE" the wheel but required a certain size valve stem hole in your wheel.... AND a certain rim contour to allow the STEM to for properly...

I ultimately sold mine online because they also had a MAX of I believe 80psi.... ?? my psi is 125 on my H rated tires... I purchased the TST507 and LOVE IT ! ! ! 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2020 at 7:13 AM, HotRunrGuy said:

Spied this in the Order Guide, as a Dealer-installed option. For those of us that tow boats, any idea if these are inside the tire sensors, or external ones that screw on the valve stem?

HRG

F-150 trailer TPMS.JPG

I have this on my 22 F350  they go inside the tire.  Looks like regular valve stem outside the tire.  Have the choice to see pressure and temp on my dash. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...