Ford executives, dealers report big early demand for 2021 Bronco

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

If 70% of the reservations follow thru with ordering, it will take 6 to 9 months to build them all out. 

Reservations are still open. It's possible that the entire first model year becomes pre-orders 

Surely they’ll sprinkle in some dealer stock along with the reservations?

This home run hit by Ford certainly presents challenges. Will dealers mark them up big time? Can Ford produce enough of them to satisfy demand? Will the pandemic threaten more delays? Looks like it will take at least a couple years to get to normal demand and supply. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

This home run hit by Ford certainly presents challenges. Will dealers mark them up big time? Can Ford produce enough of them to satisfy demand? Will the pandemic threaten more delays? Looks like it will take at least a couple years to get to normal demand and supply. 

I wonder if it would be best for Ford to delay the launch in order to build up stock and inventory?

19 minutes ago, probowler said:

I wonder if it would be best for Ford to delay the launch in order to build up stock and inventory?

It would be best for Ford to build customer orders prior to building up dealer stock.  Those of us who have “reserved” a Bronco almost a year in advance of expected delivery deserve it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

It would be best for Ford to build customer orders prior to building up dealer stock.  Those of us who have “reserved” a Bronco almost a year in advance of expected delivery deserve it.

I really don't see being able to build many stock orders

I do see a TON of Saturday shifts in my future

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Your statement seems to agree with Ford regarding customer reservation/order builds...so the question is, how many Broncos can/will Ford build for the 2021 MY?

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
• Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

Edited by 02MustangGT

16 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Your statement seems to agree with Ford regarding customer reservation/order builds...so the question is, how many Broncos can/will Ford build for the 2021 MY?

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
• Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos. All reservations will be completed before production of stock units begins.

With the virus building steam, who knows. Whitner is threatening auto plants as we speak and it only takes ONE key supplier plant going down with the virus and everyone goes down. Everything is uncertain in the exteme. So it's so speculative to wonder what any plant can produce this year.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I do see a TON of Saturday shifts in my future

While not asking you specifics on Bronco manufacturing, can you please share how super Saturdays work,

Would Rangers still  be built along with Broncos, or do they just build Bronco exclusively on those days?

Or does a change like that completely screw up line speed and timing of workers and parts?

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

While not asking you specifics on Bronco manufacturing, can you please share how super Saturdays work,

Would Rangers still  be built along with Broncos, or do they just build Bronco exclusively on those days?

I'd imagine it'd probably depend on demand of both.

4 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think we all know which vehicle will be in demand and require additional production shifts.  Again, the question is, barring any unexpected shutdowns, how many Broncos can/will Ford build for the 2021 MY.  Also, does Bronco production start on the same day as the 2021 Ranger (12/7/2020)?

8 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Knowing that all jobs are timed and sequenced, I was wondering if a set build ratio had to be maintained

across all work days. I can imagine that just building Broncos exclusively on Saturdays may not be possible.

Now that Ford knows there's strong ordering for Bronco, the start may be far enough away to schedule

more production than originally planned.....let's hope so anyway. Saturdays equal overtime for workers.:)

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

How was Ford able to control/restrict sales of the GT, but can’t more pedestrian vehicles?  (Not saying they should do the same for Bronco, Mustang, etc, just curious how they got away with it on the GT).

Im leery that these reservations may be misunderstood. What does it get you?

I’m pretty sure, had someone shown up to my dealer the day I placed my Mach-E order an hour before me they’d be ahead of me in line. People think it works like reserving a Model 3/Y and it doesn’t (including price). 

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Agreed.  If the reservation system works as hoped for, it should slow down Dealers who fill their lots with nothing but high-end versions, with another $20K worth of add-ons and ADM.

There's a dealer near me sitting on a blinged-out 2019 F-150, with a MSRP that's THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS over the window sticker MSRP.

I like the Dealership, but that's the poster child for greed.

HRG

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I think we all know which vehicle will be in demand and require additional production shifts.  Again, the question is, barring any unexpected shutdowns, how many Broncos can/will Ford build for the 2021 MY.  Also, does Bronco production start on the same day as the 2021 Ranger (12/7/2020)?

Bronco job 1 is now February I believe......

23 minutes ago, sullynd said:

How was Ford able to control/restrict sales of the GT, but can’t more pedestrian vehicles?  (Not saying they should do the same for Bronco, Mustang, etc, just curious how they got away with it on the GT).

I’m pretty sure, had someone shown up to my dealer the day I placed my Mach-E order an hour before me they’d be ahead of me in line. People think it works like reserving a Model 3/Y and it doesn’t (including price). 

Exclusivity, the GT was always a limited run, Bronco is a regular production model.

A reservation gives you a place in the ordering queue for that year build but i imagine

that you must place an order by a certain date or you lose your spot.

Reservation is no guarantee that a dealer won't stick a pineapple up your ass with

with an Average Dealer Mark up of whatever above retail price they want to charge.

Tesla 3 reservation system was terrible, almost everyone who wanted a cheap base model

was ignored and put to the bottom of the ordering  queue because building so many

base models would have sent Tesla broke - that's according to Elon Musk.

Edited by jpd80

14 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Bronco job 1 is now February I believe......

Good news!  The 2021 Ranger production can be ramped up In December and adjusted accordingly by the time Bronco production starts.  Seems that Ford has a plan in place to support the demand/production levels for the Bronco.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Good news!  The 2021 Ranger production can be ramped up In December and adjusted accordingly by the time Bronco production starts.  Seems that Ford has a plan in place to support the demand/production levels for the Bronco.  

They're building just under 12k at the moment on one shift, I don't see demand for the '21 going through the roof

You do realise that the all new Ranger is still about two years away, yes?

Edited by jpd80

57 minutes ago, sullynd said:

Ford said they would build reserved orders before dealer stock and dealers can’t order them yet.  Pretty sure it’s the same for Mach-E.  Since a Ford controls allocation there is no reason to think it won’t work that way.

• Like 4