Ford to Dealerships: No Markups on New Bronco Reservations!

Just now, akirby said:

Good news!

I have to laugh...rumors are floating around some  dealer somewhere is advertising 2koff window...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...yeah right....be careful to read the fine print on THAT one.  kow we have stated we are at MSRP....although....with only 3500 first edition models, we may get TWO...that version may be treated somewhat differently...

14 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I have to laugh...rumors are floating around some  dealer somewhere is advertising 2koff window...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...yeah right....be careful to read the fine print on THAT one.  kow we have stated we are at MSRP....although....with only 3500 first edition models, we may get TWO...that version may be treated somewhat differently...

Wont that depend on how many were reserved through your dealership?

I do understand them trying to put ADMs on the First Edition.  And I guess I would on any of them from a dealer perspective while it's new.  But as a customer, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when they tack on these "new vehicle" fees.  I have a feeling my dealer down the street will do just that - they did it when Ranger of all vehicles first arrived.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Wont that depend on how many were reserved through your dealership?

think about that for a second akirby...come get a Bronco from us , we are willing  to lose $1500 per unit for the pleasure...yeah, nah...smoke and mirrors buddy. From a business perspective...you already have the buyers...no need to do anything, let alone promote that sort of BS...theres no WAY, without anyone making it up else where, anyone is being up front with something that just isn't true...like I said...read the fine print...oh...and cars 8 months away, and by all intents and purposes...seems to have sold out...Swear, some of the advertising I see is absolutely cringe worthy. We are currently over 300 reservations...we wont GET 300 units...this is going to be interesting..but, awfully easy for Dealers to say something about something they DONT have...they can change their tone anytime..

Edited by Deanh

If your small (relatively speaking) Orange County dealer has over 300 reservations, I can't even imagine what the big dealers like Galpin is booking. 

BTW, how many Mach E reservation does your dealer have? That would be an interesting comparison.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bzcat said:

If your small (relatively speaking) Orange County dealer has over 300 reservations, I can't even imagine what the big dealers like Galpin is booking. 

BTW, how many Mach E reservation does your dealer have? That would be an interesting comparison.

quite a few actually...although not even close to the Bronco...heres the sad thing...you can reserve and book all you want...Id lay money on a LOT of people going empty handed...

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

think about that for a second akirby...come get a Bronco from us , we are willing  to lose $1500 per unit for the pleasure...yeah, nah...smoke and mirrors buddy. From a business perspective...you already have the buyers...no need to do anything, let alone promote that sort of BS...theres no WAY, without anyone making it up else where, anyone is being up front with something that just isn't true...like I said...read the fine print...oh...and cars 8 months away, and by all intents and purposes...seems to have sold out...Swear, some of the advertising I see is absolutely cringe worthy. We are currently over 300 reservations...we wont GET 300 units...this is going to be interesting..but, awfully easy for Dealers to say something about something they DONT have...they can change their tone anytime..

You misunderstood.  You said you'd be lucky to see 2 First Edition models.   If 20 people reserve First Edition models and pick your dealership then you'll sell 20 of them, right?  It's not supposed to be limited by dealer allocations.

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

You misunderstood.  You said you'd be lucky to see 2 First Edition models.   If 20 people reserve First Edition models and pick your dealership then you'll sell 20 of them, right?  It's not supposed to be limited by dealer allocations.

Sorry, yeah...completely mis-read...it will be handcuffed by allocation, as per the norm. The Bronco will be no different ,basically if you reserved one, doesn't mean youll actually get it ( and I think that verbiage IS actually in the Reservation dis-claimer )...even if we had 20 First Editions reserved...we wont be getting that many  Im not sure Ford thought this out too well...but man...that First Edition is NICE....I hope like hell they decide to build more....

I have a "base" 2 door reserved, but if the dealer tries to play games when I sit down and actually order it and option it up the way I want..(Big Bend...Outer Banks....add my own options) I will just pass and ask for my reservation deposit back. Simple...the Lincoln dealer up the road is aching to sell me a Corsair.

21 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I have a "base" 2 door reserved, but if the dealer tries to play games when I sit down and actually order it and option it up the way I want..(Big Bend...Outer Banks....add my own options) I will just pass and ask for my reservation deposit back. Simple...the Lincoln dealer up the road is aching to sell me a Corsair.

hate to say this, but you may/ may not be able to change your reservation if the Edition you finalize is also sold out...First Edition was gone first dat...Wildtrak is now no longer avail...and that will continue if I had to guess...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, probowler said:

How does the reservation system work? Are you locked into using your closest dealer? Or can you take your reservation to any Ford you'd like?

If some dealers try to play games with the first editions, can those who reserved just go elsewhere?

you enter a zip code and it defeats to the dealers zone it applies to. Dont  rightfully know what would happen if the dealer you reserved with started shennanagins and you cancelled. I think that order just gos POOF!...And if I wasz to guess...its gonna happen....

52 minutes ago, Deanh said:

you enter a zip code and it defeats to the dealers zone it applies to. Dont  rightfully know what would happen if the dealer you reserved with started shennanagins and you cancelled. I think that order just gos POOF!...And if I wasz to guess...its gonna happen....

You get to pick your dealer and change it later without losing your reservation, per Ford.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

hate to say this, but you may/ may not be able to change your reservation if the Edition you finalize is also sold out...First Edition was gone first dat...Wildtrak is now no longer avail...and that will continue if I had to guess...

Not at all worried, I like the simplicity of the base model and will option it up to my personal spec.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You get to pick your dealer and change it later without losing your reservation, per Ford.

which if so, will screw up allocation....it would be hilarious if half of So Cals Bronco production came to us...lol...we have a couple of dealers close to us notorious for bait , switch and whatever else they can do in the relentless pursuit of profit...and in a BAD way...going to think it may be why we got so many reservations.....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, akirby said:

Which is why I keep saying that allocation doesn’t apply to reservations.  A reservation is an allocation for that dealer for that vehicle.

truly doubt that...no way in hell we will get the allocation to fufill all our reservations OR any additional orders transferred to us...I rightfully don't know how Fords going to handle this...logistical nightmare....good in theory, but based on past promises, easy to dismiss IMO.