Ford to Dealerships: No Markups on New Bronco Reservations!

6 hours ago, akirby said:

You get to pick your dealer and change it later without losing your reservation, per Ford.

Also heard that if you reserved a First Edition you are stuck with that dealership. I have a customer with a FE reservation that wants to move it to my dealership. I would love to accommodate him. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Neither of those were anywhere near the same stratosphere of interest as Bronco

But it sets a precedent where Ford builds to customer demand and not strictly to dealer allocation.

If they were going by normal dealer allocation there would be zero reason to reserve one.  You'd just get in line with your local dealer like all other vehicles.  Makes no sense to take reservations, let the buyer pick their dealer then tell them sorry we can't build yours because your dealer doesn't have any allocation.

What if a dealer has 10 reservations for a FE but normal allocation is only 2.  What happens to the other 8?   I guarantee you that reservations get built before dealer stock and without regard to dealer allocation.

24 minutes ago, akirby said:

But it sets a precedent where Ford builds to customer demand and not strictly to dealer allocation.

If they were going by normal dealer allocation there would be zero reason to reserve one.  You'd just get in line with your local dealer like all other vehicles.  Makes no sense to take reservations, let the buyer pick their dealer then tell them sorry we can't build yours because your dealer doesn't have any allocation.

What if a dealer has 10 reservations for a FE but normal allocation is only 2.  What happens to the other 8?   I guarantee you that reservations get built before dealer stock and without regard to dealer allocation.

The only issue I can see coming is with First Editions since obviously those will be among the very first ones built (and they're limited editions) but after that they could change allocation rules or eliminate them outright and literally just go first come first serve in the order the reservation came in. 

3 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

*Over-reserved.  It will be interesting to see how many reservations result in orders.  It’s a good problem to have either way!

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Not yet. ?

Yes I should save over reserved, at least that was discussions to suppliers. Ford is still trying to figure out how many will transfer into orders if it’s 100% (which it won’t be) that would be projected volume for the first year. Also getting into some discussion on how the launch sequence will go to make sure this launch goes as flawless as possible. While making every effort to make sure people with first edition orders get those units first. Ford knows it’s not going to make everyone happy but is going to do the best it can. As of now they are apparently going to try and build in the order sequence for reservation holders. Still a lot of TBD on how allocation is going to be figured as state franchise agreements all play into that as well. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

Yes I should save over reserved, at least that was discussions to suppliers. Ford is still trying to figure out how many will transfer into orders if it’s 100% (which it won’t be) that would be projected volume for the first year. Also getting into some discussion on how the launch sequence will go to make sure this launch goes as flawless as possible. While making every effort to make sure people with first edition orders get those units first. Ford knows it’s not going to make everyone happy but is going to do the best it can. As of now they are apparently going to try and build in the order sequence for reservation holders. Still a lot of TBD on how allocation is going to be figured as state franchise agreements all play into that as well. 

It is sounding like the build up and launch itself will be *quite* unique. 

They're throwing cash around. Lots of it.

Should be interesting how the COVID situation plays into this also...if it flares back up to the point its a big issue in the Fall/winter. 

I know I'm not expecting to go back full time to my place of work til the new year. I visit once in a while to do things I can't do from home. 

40 minutes ago, akirby said:

Pretty sure it was always sold out.  I think they allowed 3500 2 doors and 3500 4 doors to be reserved.

Not quite. The distribution was supposed to be 3,500 total between both 2 and 4 door. 

The system glitches on launch night caused this. The reservation system was set to shut down FE reservations once they hit a number close to 3,500. With the immense lag in both login authentications and payment processing, by the time the system flagged the FE stop sale there were so many reservations in process that nearly 7,000 got thru. Just about all 7,000 those spots were taken by late Monday. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Not quite. The distribution was supposed to be 3,500 total between both 2 and 4 door. 

The system glitches on launch night caused this. The reservation system was set to shut down FE reservations once they hit a number close to 3,500. With the immense lag in both login authentications and payment processing, by the time the system flagged the FE stop sale there were so many reservations in process that nearly 7,000 got thru. Just about all 7,000 those spots were taken by late Monday. 

That makes more sense.  Either way they didn’t open it back up so much as they didn’t cancel the ones who already had a reservation.

• Like 1

Anyone know what the reservation limits are for the other trims?

Ford's website is already saying that due to high numbers of reservations, deliveries may extend into CY 2022.

Deliveries start has slipped from April to June next year so, I'll be curious to see how much actual dealer stock there is.....

Edited by jpd80