Delivery Time for Aviator

Froggie

1 hour ago, Froggie said:

Hi Everybody,

I ordered an Aviator GT on May the 20th. Does anybody know how long it will take to have it delivered here in California ?

Thank you

Hi Froggie. That question can not be accurately or reliably answered. If you get the VIN or Order Number from the Dealer, you can use the Vehicle Locator sub-forum here. Before you do, carefully read and follow the instructions. 

Good luck.

Got mine in a blistering eight months after ordering it, lol.  But I ordered in July and the GTs didn't go into production until December, plus I believe all of the first runs like mine went through extra QC checks.  The only GT my dealer still has was ordered on Feb 22, produced on June 19, and delivered on June 30.  That timeframe includes the virus shutdown, so one ordered in May should be even quicker.  But how quickly you get a VIN that actually starts the process depends on what allocation your dealer has for GTs.  My retail order still came in a month before my dealers first stock order, even though they placed their order two months before mine.  I believe they've only received two or three stock orders so far, so allocation must be pretty tight.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

The whole process is quite a bit longer than that... it really starts after your dealer has allocation and Lincoln (Ford) pulls and schedules your order.  That's when a VIN is assigned.  Then there are periods of time between scheduled, submitted to plant,  produced, released, shipped, etc. Plus how long its in transit varies depending on where you live and how long it gets held at various rail yards/ramps along the way.  Read this post for a detailed explanation of the whole process:

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Froggie said:

To Wheeling : I suppose so in Chicago. They are building the aviator, Police interceptor and F150. If you check the Chicago plant, it says open 24/7 !

Thanks Froggie. I certainly hope that is true. I just saw two Aviators in my neighborhood. Is there any space for price negotiation? 

To Wheeling. Beginning of May I asked a lot of dealers in California  an estimate for a GT all options (I wanted 7 seats so no BL). I was surprised to receive a proposition with the Lincoln 1000$ incentive plus 5000$ from a dealer. 

15 hours ago, Froggie said:

I was surprised to receive a proposition with the Lincoln 1000$ incentive plus 5000$ from a dealer

That's a really good deal.  In my region the Grand Touring PHEV has always been excluded from all incentives except 0% for 36 months. Plus some dealers are also excluding xplan.

Edited by CoolScoop

On 7/27/2020 at 8:37 AM, CoolScoop said:

That's a really good deal.  In my region the Grand Touring PHEV has always been excluded from all incentives except 0% for 36 months. Plus some dealers are also excluding xplan.

I couldn't get any incentives on my GT either and dealer was not able to discount the price, even though I'm leasing it through my company and we have leased 16 previous Ford/Lincoln vehicles from the same dealer.  The dealer was eventually able to able to get their Lincoln factory rep to authorize a $1,500 loyalty bonus discount for me when I took delivery of the vehicle but that's it.

But in my case it wasn't just a problem with lack of incentives, our dealer was only allocated ONE GT model for the whole year so when the order bank opened in July 2019 the sales manager called me because he knew I was interested in an Aviator GT and said if I wanted it I had to put the order in on the spot or he would either offer it to another customer or order their sole GT for inventory stock and it wouldn't be the colors or options I want.

My dealer was great and honored xplan even though allocation is extremely limited, but some other dealers in the area weren't allowing xplan.  Even after an eight month wait I was surprised when they said mine was still their first GT to come in.  Their first stock GT was a Black Label that arrived around a month after mine.  They sold that one and now have a standard GT in stock.

Edited by CoolScoop

On 7/26/2020 at 7:35 PM, Froggie said:

Thank you CoolScoop for the information. I really appreciate. My dealer told me that my order was in the queue (June 18th).

Froggie, I'm pretty sure the last day to order a 2020 Aviator was April 30th.  If you ordered on May 20th are you getting a 2021 model?  

CoolScoop, my order was for a 2020, I read on Ford Authority that for a 2021 the order was beginning of June. But I'm beginning to be a little concern because I have no answer from my dealer , he told me that is boss was not showing up and he had not access to the information. I hope this is not a big scam, I gave 2500$ at the time of the order. I am well aware that there is no incentive for the Aviator and that great proposition maybe hide a loophole. I hope not !

2 hours ago, Froggie said:

CoolScoop, my order was for a 2020, I read on Ford Authority that for a 2021 the order was beginning of June. But I'm beginning to be a little concern because I have no answer from my dealer , he told me that is boss was not showing up and he had not access to the information. I hope this is not a big scam, I gave 2500$ at the time of the order. I am well aware that there is no incentive for the Aviator and that great proposition maybe hide a loophole. I hope not !

Froggie, did they give you a copy of your order and receipt for your deposit?  If you have an order number you could try calling the Lincoln Concierge service and ask them for the status of your order.  It's easier for them to find an order with a VIN, but I believe they can also look it up by dealer name and order number.  Hope it's legit and you get your GT!

Edited by CoolScoop

Hi everybody,

on July 31st I received my VIN from my dealer.

I googled https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=5LMYJ8XY7LGL36470  

I have no production date but a Window Sticker. 

Ice-Capades says that "The Window Stickers are usually available about a week before production". Does that mean that they are building the car right now ?

Thank you.

55 minutes ago, Froggie said:

Hi everybody,

on July 31st I received my VIN from my dealer.

I googled https://shop.ford.com/aemservices/shop/vot/api/customerorder/?partAttributes=BP2_.*&vin=5LMYJ8XY7LGL36470  

I have no production date but a Window Sticker. 

Ice-Capades says that "The Window Stickers are usually available about a week before production". Does that mean that they are building the car right now ?

Thank you.

2020 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring AWD

5LMYJ8XY7LGL36470_WS.pdf