Rattle sound during acceleration

digZz

I normally drive with music or radio on but couple of days ago i had the sound off and noticed the car is making some kind of a rattling noise while accelerating.

I recorded the sound on my phone. Anyone know what this could be? https://soundcloud.com/user-320465778/f ... XxS90fhqRu (the sound is really obvious at 2:20 mark)

It sounds like its coming from under the driver seat (gas/break pedal area) not specifically the engine bay it self. I have also brought it in to the ford dealer. The mechanic drove with me and confirmed he could hear the sound. But i was told that its "normal" for the car to make this kind of noise until the first 5000km (mine has driven 1100km). I know with new cars you can except some extra noise until 1000km mark but i have never heard of 5000km before...what do you guys think?

The car is a 2.0 ecoboost edge 2019 238hp, diesel and had driven around 1000km when the recording was made.

I had the same issue with my 2019 and it was the undercover shield rattling. My noise was under the driver seat and was pronounced on acceleration and highway speed. The dealer could not determine problem and I investigated underneath and found; the shield is held in several places with plastic rivets that loosen allowing the shield to rattle underneath. I resolved problem by drilling into lips next to rivet holes and installing small stainless screws with silicone to insure they don't back out. Problem solved and no more noise. Hope this works fro you.