Ford Maverick tailgate leaked

1 minute ago, Lavien said:

Any insiders here know if it's going to be under the Bronco lineup as the "Bronco Maverick" or will it be a standalone model like the Ranger?

I'm assuming its going to be a stand alone model...

but I think Ford would be smart to share the Bronco Sport fenders with it.  Even the next gen Ranger shares styling a little bit with the Bronco...at least the same "look"

2 minutes ago, Lavien said:

Wow so there's going to be both a Maverick Pickup and a larger Bronco Pickup (still speculative?). The world's gone pickup crazy :)

Maverick will be here soon. 

No Bronco-branded products beyond the 3* that we've seen are coming in the short- or mid-range future. 

?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's not really that much different....

41lTD5HC8TL._AC_SX425_.jpgmaverick.PNG16.jpg?height=400

The letter spacing on the ranger tailgate is spread out way too far. It’s much better on the maverick (which more closely resembles the current gen f150 tailgate). It’s a dumb thing to complain about but I’ve always thought the rangers tailgate was its weak spot on the exterior.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, probowler said:

I saw one of those tailgates ^^^ on the road today, not sure how new they are since i've been out of the country the last year, but am not really a fan of this design. Not digging that giant bold Ranger script either.

American ones have Ranger stamped into the tailgate. ROW tailgates just get stickers. Which was it you saw if you were out of the country? 

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

https://www.motor1.com/news/436227/ford-maverick-pickup-insider-details/

per the article, the bed is about 2 ft shorter than the rangers, so it probably has a 3-4ft bed. It will have the 2.0L 4 cyl from the transit making 162hp and maybe the optional engine being the 180 hp 3 cyl from the escape. Manual could be offered as well.

Looking at the MaverickChat forum, he indicates the length to be 2 or 2-1/2' shorter than Ranger, but did not specifically mention the box length. Maybe he's referring to OAL?

HRG

Maverick length.JPG

4 hours ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Looking at the MaverickChat forum, he indicates the length to be 2 or 2-1/2' shorter than Ranger, but did not specifically mention the box length. Maybe he's referring to OAL?

HRG

Maverick length.JPG

FYI,

Ranger Crew cab length 211"

Transit Connect crew cab length 190"

On 7/21/2020 at 11:22 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

American ones have Ranger stamped into the tailgate. ROW tailgates just get stickers. Which was it you saw if you were out of the country? 

It was an American Ranger I saw here after returning home. Speaking of ROW, I saw a Wildtrack over there, and they look really good in person. I wish I would have took a picture for yall, I don't remember if they sell them here or not.

6 minutes ago, probowler said:

It was an American Ranger I saw here after returning home. Speaking of ROW, I saw a Wildtrack over there, and they look really good in person. I wish I would have took a picture for yall, I don't remember if they sell them here or not.

They don't but I think you can get most of the accessories through the dealer to get the look. 

On 7/22/2020 at 12:22 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

American Ranger tailgate is also straight where the letters are stamped. Rest of the world Ranger tailgate has a concave curve where the stickers are applied.  

2019-ford-ranger-tailgate-bed.jpg

ranger_082-xl.jpg?itok=QHLc-FdH