Ford Maverick tailgate leaked

The trend for trucks lately has been focused more towards off roading. Seeing the maverick sitting next to the ranger, I could see it going in the opposite direction as a sport truck, especially with its lower stance. Depending on what it actually looks like, a body kit could look pretty cool (like the Adrenalin below) and the 2.3L would make for a pretty quick truck.

2008-ford-sport-trac-adre-2.jpg

this picture is also interesting. Looks like the turn signals are above the headlights.FordMaverick.Ranger04.KGP_.jpg

Edited by T-dubz

4 hours ago, T hawker said:

I was thinking the lights lit up under the camo are the same layout as in the MotorTrend rendering.  I don't recall if the rendering was based on insider info or not.

I think you are right. The area between the chrome bars is probably DRL/blinker, and the area below the bars is the actual headlight.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bzcat said:

In a normal year, I'd guess we see it at LA Auto Show in late November 2020 and it will hit showroom by summer. 

But since it is not normal times, I supposed it can show up anytime in 2021.

Either way, guess that means we should be seeing it relatively soon. I’m ready to see this without the camo.

8 minutes ago, tbone said:

I agree.  The Ford name on a truck of this type will carry a lot of weight. More so than Honda for example, which will give it more credibility in the truck world. 

As evidenced by Ford's decades long success in dominating the pickup market, no one does trucks better than Ford. Just when the competition thinks they've caught up with their latest model introduction, Ford leapfrogs them with new features, technology, etc. That same dedication and commitment over the years has cemented the iconic status to the Mustang and looks to doing the same for the new Bronco series.

Former Ford CEO Alan Mulally made the right decision at the time in recognizing that Ford needed to sell Aston Martin, Volvo, Land Rover, etc. and concentrate its resources on its core brand. The One Ford concept was correct at the time but has now evolved and changed as both the domestic and global markets have. The company has repaired the damage done by Mark Fields, and now encouraged greatly by the enthusiastic market response to the return of the Bronco nameplate. Solidifying the enthusiasm and order reservations for the all-new Bronco is the attention to detail that Ford has shown with the new Bronco.

If Ford had the same commitment and resources for other models, Ford would be a global powerhouse beyond anyone's imagination!

• Like 1