Service Bulletin On 2020 F150 Tailgate Step?

09KR0058

The tailgate step on my new 2020 F150 Limited doesn't pop out when I push the button.  I just got off the phone with the dealer and they are so backed up in the Service department, it will be at least 3 days before they could get to it.  The guy I talked to found there was a service bulletin about this issue.

Is there any place I can look up that bulletin, or can someone here please send me the document or at least a link to it?

Thanks

SSM 48899 - 2018-2020 F-150/F-Super Duty - Tailgate Step Assemblies - Step Binds/Will Not Open Or Opens/Pops Up While Driving
Some 2018-2020 F-150 and F-Super Duty vehicles equipped with tailgate step assemblies may exhibit a step assembly that binds/will not open or opens/pops up while driving. This could be due to an incorrect adjustment of the step assembly. Before replacing any components for this concern, follow the Tailgate Step Adjustment procedure in Workshop Manual, Section 501-04, General Procedures.

APPLICABLE VEHICLES
 2018 - 2020 TRUCK: FC P552N F-150
 2018 - 2020 TRUCK: FE P558N SUPER DUTY
  • Like 1