Vinyl Flooring Question

I have a 2020 Lariat CCLB on order and went with the carpet delete option.  Between road salt in the winter, messy kids, dog fur, and baseball/softball field clay I'm done with shabby looking carpet.  My dealer didn't think there was a difference between the vinyl flooring in the lower trim levels and the "premium" that comes with the KR and higher trims.  I'm not sure that is true, but nobody has refuted this claim yet.  Most people I've asked have been happy with the quality and durability of the vinyl.  Just wondering what the experiences are of folks on this forum.  I'll also be getting additional mats (leaning towards Husky x-act fit) for the front and back as added protection.

I also got the carpet delete on my order 2020 F-350 XLT CCSB Prem Pkg. 

I am pretty sure it is the same floor covering at least I hope so. I too hate the shabby carpet, not to mention that the carpet material is getting worse  every year to cheap thin fiber that looks like poop.

I'm  also going to be putting down rubber mats just to keep wear marks off.

I did hear that with the rubber flooring there are NO clips. Those things that hold down the $$ mats.  I'm  going to see how bad my rubber mats slid/move and if too much I'll  just put some thin Velcro down in the corners.

I still have, and use in my car, the cheap rubber mats from my old truck. When those wear out I'll buy  new but I bought these about 10 years ago....from Wallyworld ?

6 hours ago, Lin19687 said:

I did hear that with the rubber flooring there are NO clips. Those things that hold down the $$ mats.  I'm  going to see how bad my rubber mats slid/move and if too much I'll  just put some thin Velcro down in the corners.

Along with nobody being able to definitively tell me the difference between the carpet delete option and "luxury vinyl" on higher trims, I've also got conflicting information on the clips.  I thought at one point I saw that all trim levels have clips or pegs on the drivers side but experiences were different for the passenger side.  I'm not sure if it the difference was trucks with the carpet delete had pegs while those with vinyl standard didn't?

I have the upgrade to Premium Vinyl on my 17 F350 Platinum and it does have the posts for the mat to clip in on both sides (not the back)  I can not speak for the lower trim versions.  Great option will get it every time going forward 

It was Toyota that had the lawsuit due to deaths allegedly from floor mats. There are a ton of warnings on the new Toyota mats, and the maintenance charts all list it on every oil change, and dealers all add a line to the service reports. I've never had issues with factory floor mats of any vehicle, but have some some aftermarket floor mats slide around dangerously. 

I too was wondering about "carpet delete" on the XLT and Lariat versus "premium vinyl" on the Platinum, and would like a definitive answer. I thought the pegs were on all trim levels. It may be that the only difference is marketing terminology and how rare the request is for that trim level. I can't imagine there is too much parts+labor cost difference to Ford between vinyl and carpet that are installed at the factory. It would be good to see them side by side at a dealership, or at least have a knowledgeable dealer inform us.

We hemmed and hawed on whether we wanted carpet or carpet delete on the Lariat we just ordered. We have carpet on our '94 Suburban and it has held up reasonable well, but stained in a few spots. I removed it totally last year to deep clean it which was a real pain of course. In the end, we decided on carpet in the Lariat for the noise reduction and potential resale value, and plan to get really nice all weather floor mats. 

Edited by OffBalance

I just looked online at an XL that has no carpet. I didn't see any mat holders on it. It was completley flat. 

Guess I'll see when my truck gets here or maybe someone can swing by a dealer and look. I'm  guessing the Carpet Delete is what is normally on the XL ?

On 7/22/2020 at 11:37 AM, Lin19687 said:

Well I guess there is your answer. I guess imnot surprised since you would be paying extra for the premium.

I guess we get just the flat since it's  a delete feature with a Minus in $

I have an 2019 F350 XLT with carpet delete (minus $ option) and it came with the pegs.

• 5 months later...

FYI for anyone with the delete. Husky makes a set of X-act contour liners specifically for vinyl floors. It's a different model number than the carpeted version, and unfortunately there isn't a package deal for front and rear crew cab set like there is for carpet. There is not a different model for the rear mat for vinyl floors.