'20 JDPower Quality/Apeal Study

Since this is in the Ford Motor Company Discussion Forum, here are the Ford products that ranked in the top 3 in their categories in the 2020 APEAL study.

1st place.

• Lincoln Navigator
  • Ford Escape

2nd place.

• Lincoln Corsair
  • Ford Mustang
  • Ford Ranger
  • Ford Super Duty

3rd place.

• Lincoln MKZ
  • Lincoln Nautilus
  • Ford F-150

Don;t get how Dodge and Ram are tops.  Dodge's cars are ugly (never cared for the pig Challenger) and Ram looks like  a Chevy now and is the weakest of the big 3 trucks.  Guess the ads work.  Ford should try that as their products are better than anything from Dodge/Ram/Chrysler/Jeep.

Edited by itguy09

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Impossible.  Didn't they get the memo that Escape is a horrible vehicle that should be banished to the scrap heap immediately?

Yeah, I thought everyone hated the front end and horrible door cards and overall cheap, hard plastic interior. How could it appeal to anyone let alone a chump like me who bought one and likes it.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yeah, I thought everyone hated the front end and horrible door cards and overall cheap, hard plastic interior. How could it appeal to anyone let alone a chump like me who bought one and likes it.

Well the saying goes...."there is an ass for every seat!" :)  .....i'd take the CX-5 but to be honest, none of those vehicles in that segment do much for me. 

2 hours ago, kyle said:

Well the saying goes...."there is an ass for every seat!" :)  .....i'd take the CX-5 but to be honest, none of those vehicles in that segment do much for me. 

Have you ever looked at the lower trim levels of the CX-5? Not impressive IMO. Cargo space and fuel mileage also mediocre. I considered the CX-5 when I leased a Crosstrek for 3.5 years. I obviously thought the Crosstrek was a better choice all around. 

I absolutely love the exterior design of the CX-5 (my favorite is the new CX-30, perhaps my favorite exterior design of any crossover/SUV), and the interior design and materials are superior to the Escape (IMHO), but the super-high beltline is a definite turn-off for me.  One of my favorite features of the new Escape is the relatively low beltline, especially for the front-row passengers.  Outward visibility is better than almost any other crossover/SUV I've driven in recent years.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Have you ever looked at the lower trim levels of the CX-5? Not impressive IMO. Cargo space and fuel mileage also mediocre. I considered the CX-5 when I leased a Crosstrek for 3.5 years. I obviously thought the Crosstrek was a better choice all around. 

FordBuyer, isn't time you updated your signature?  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

You are absolutely right and i'm also not a fan of the tech in the CX-5. I'm in a 2016 Cherokee and it has been a great vehicle but want something larger and more powerful-so I've not shopped either vehicle besides checking them out. I actually like the look of the Escape but it is a little soft in the styling for my tastes. Glad you are happy with it-that's all that matters:)