Long Time Owner, First Time Poster

deadinmi

Hello All!

I'm a long time owner, I've only ever owned/leased fords, but first time poster. From just outside Detroit, MI.

I started out when I was 16 in a tiny little two door 1999 Explorer Sport in Autumn Orange and it follows:

1999 Explorer Sport Autumn Orange (this was my mom's car, a lease and she was going over her miles so I got to drive it to and from high school)

2002 Escape Sport Red (this car was terrible, the roof leaked and the fact that it had a shipping accident was not disclosed and our dealer took it back for full purchase price)

2003 Escape XLT Navy Blue (this car was a beast, it traveled from Michigan to Colorado six times, then from Michigan to California and back! It was retired with 134,000 miles on it)

2010 Fusion SEL in Red (this was my first car that I leased and paid for myself)

2013 Escape XLT in Bright Blue (this car was CURSED! It got sideswiped two days after I got it. I replaced the windshield 6 times, had to have the hood replaced, the sunroof replaced.....)

2016 F-150 XLT in Blue Jeans (this truck was my baby. We traveled all over Michigan, first in a tent, then pulling a 28ft bumper pull trailer, and finally a 32ft fifth wheel)

2020 F-150 XLT in Velocity Blue (it's not quite made yet, but soon!)

As you can tell, we are a Ford family. We used to have conversion vans, then we had little cars to tow behind our motor home. Current fleet is a 2018 Ford Explorer Sport lease and a 2016 Focus hatchback that is my my parents toad.

Currently I'm actually truckless, waiting for my 2020 to be built, I sold my F-150 to my next door neighbor (a retired Ford engineer and my X-plan hookup) expecting the dealer to be able to pull the truck from another dealer. However it sold before they could grab it, so I had to order from the factory. Ordered on May 18th, expected build date is 7/27. I'm anxiously awaiting it as I've had to cancel quite a few camping trips (that weren't already canceled due to corona) and my first trip is scheduled for 8/16.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...