Bluetooth call

I recieved a call on bluetooth and answered with the screen, the phone call worked well.

When we disconnected the call still show connected  for 17minutes and the time was still counting.

I looked at my phone and there was no call in progress but the screen was still showing a call and counting time.

I had to restart the truck.

Can anyone answer why this can this happen?

On 7/24/2020 at 12:37 AM, vipersinu2 said:

I recieved a call on bluetooth and answered with the screen, the phone call worked well.

When we disconnected the call still show connected  for 17minutes and the time was still counting.

I looked at my phone and there was no call in progress but the screen was still showing a call and counting time.

I had to restart the truck.

Can anyone answer why this can this happen?

Hi vipersinu2. More information would help. How long have you owned the vehicle? What model year? Still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty period (or a LincolnProtect Extended Warranty)? Was this a one time occurrence? If not, how many times has this occurred?

If it was a one time occurrence, it may have been a one time glitch.  If it happens again and your vehicle is still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Warranty, make an appointment for service and try to demonstrate the problem when you drop the vehicle off, if you can replicate it.

If it has occurred more than once, you can also try a SYNC system reset. Check your Owners Manual for the correct procedure for your vehicle. However, if it was my vehicle and happened more than once, I would make a service appointment. A system reset is sometimes just a temporary band-aid.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

12 hours ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi vipersinu2. More information would help. How long have you owned the vehicle? What model year? Still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Bumper to Bumper Warranty period (or a LincolnProtect Extended Warranty)? Was this a one time occurrence? If not, how many times has this occurred?

If it was a one time occurrence, it may have been a one time glitch.  If it happens again and your vehicle is still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Warranty, make an appointment for service and try to demonstrate the problem when you drop the vehicle off, if you can replicate it.

If it has occurred more than once, you can also try a SYNC system reset. Check your Owners Manual for the correct procedure for your vehicle. However, if it was my vehicle and happened more than once, I would make a service appointment. A system reset is sometimes just a temporary band-aid.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

Have you missed the litany of posts he has regarding this vehicle? @Emilner is right, he probably has a lemon. Seems to have been one issue after another for him. 

33 minutes ago, Black Label said:

Have you missed the litany of posts he has regarding this vehicle? @Emilner is right, he probably has a lemon. Seems to have been one issue after another for him. 

Hi BL. ?? No, I have not seen the "...litany of posts he has regarding this vehicle". I do not even know what "this vehicle" is, what model year etc. (obviously). Was there something wrong with me asking questions in an effort to help the OP with the question he asked? Did anything I wrote contradict or even mention what Emilner wrote? ?

And yes, while this is the Navigator sub-forum, we all know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as people post in the wrong sub-forums all the time (you did nothing wrong vipersinu2). Information is key.

vipersinu2 may very well have a lemon, but I have no idea about that. He only asked about a SYNC/Bluetooth issue, so that is what I was trying to help with. If he asks about how to proceed with a Lemon Law buyback, I will then try to help with that too. In the meantime, my limited brain power works with one issue at a time.

Hope that makes the purpose of my reply clearer BL. Good luck. ?

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

Hi BL. ?? No, I have not seen the "...litany of posts he has regarding this vehicle". I do not even know what "this vehicle" is, what model year etc. (obviously). Was there something wrong with me asking questions in an effort to help the OP with the question he asked? Did anything I wrote contradict or even mention what Emilner wrote? ?

And yes, while this is the Navigator sub-forum, we all know that doesn't necessarily mean anything, as people post in the wrong sub-forums all the time (you did nothing wrong vipersinu2). Information is key.

vipersinu2 may very well have a lemon, but I have no idea about that. He only asked about a SYNC/Bluetooth issue, so that is what I was trying to help with. If he asks about how to proceed with a Lemon Law buyback, I will then try to help with that too. In the meantime, my limited brain power works with one issue at a time.

All in fun. Here and another forum he has talked about cam phaser issues as well as several other things. It's a 2020 from what I recall. 

I'll bow out. I've tried to help with some of the issues he's had to no avail. 

10 minutes ago, Black Label said:

All in fun. Here and another forum he has talked about cam phaser issues as well as several other things. It's a 2020 from what I recall. 

I'll bow out. I've tried to help with some of the issues he's had to no avail. 

Hi BL. While my teachers and professors always encouraged me to read (mostly to keep me off the streets at night), I can not read everything. Some things just slip on by. ?

Edited by bbf2530
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, bbf2530 said:

I made a quick comment because there are so many posts from viper outlining every imaginable problem.  It's at the point that he/she has the worst vehicle ever made or they work for Caddy and are trolling us...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Emilner said:

I made a quick comment because there are so many posts from viper outlining every imaginable problem.  It's at the point that he/she has the worst vehicle ever made or they work for Caddy and are trolling us...

That was what I was alluding to as well. 

48 minutes ago, Emilner said:

Hi Emilner. I had no complaints about your post. Black Label brought it up. ?

I blame it all on him. And Canada...of course. ? ?