Sign in to follow this  
jimwalston

Must use PIN in 30 days questions...ordering a Bronco and Sport

I going to order the 2021 Bronco Base 2 door.  I have made my reservation last week..  I'm thinking about ordering the Sport model Base in the meantime.  

I read the PIN request information about using the PIN code in 30 days.  When does the 30 days qualify?  When you officially order the vehicle or when you pick it up (purchase it?

Thanks

Jim

Vehicles I currently own

1970 Chevy Blazer

2018 Subaru Impreza (wife's) and STI 

2007 Cadillac Escalade   (207k miles)

That’s just to make sure you don’t get a pin and disappear and never use it.  It’s a moot point though because employees no longer give out pins to internet strangers.

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I thought they were used for friends and neighbors not just family members to encourage people to buy a Ford.  I'm not a internet strangers.  I've been on the internet a long time.  Never owned a Ford so this would encourage me to buy two.  My last Subaru was purchased with a loyalty coupon because I already owned one.  I know different auto makers have different incentives that I would like to take advantage of

Thanks

Jim

32 minutes ago, jimwalston said:

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I thought they were used for friends and neighbors not just family members to encourage people to buy a Ford.  I'm not a internet strangers.  I've been on the internet a long time.  

They are for friends and family but somebody you only met on an Internet forum is not a friend - that’s what I meant by internet stranger.  You need to have a friend who works for Ford.  You can join the mustang club of America for $25 and get x plan.

1 hour ago, jimwalston said:

OK, thanks for letting me know.  I thought they were used for friends and neighbors not just family members to encourage people to buy a Ford.  I'm not a internet strangers.  I've been on the internet a long time.  Never owned a Ford so this would encourage me to buy two.  My last Subaru was purchased with a loyalty coupon because I already owned one.  I know different auto makers have different incentives that I would like to take advantage of

Thanks

Jim

Hi jimwalston. Many, many companies also have agreements with Ford for X-Plan "Friends and Neighbors" PINS/benefits. Check with your Human Resource/Personnel/Benefits Department.

Here is an example list of some companies with Ford X-Plan benefits: https://www.oxmoorflm.com/ford-a-x-z-plans/x-plan-partner-companies/

New companies are added all the time, so again, even if your company is not listed, check with your HR/Personnel/Benefits department.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.

17 hours ago, jimwalston said:

Thanks

Jim

Also Jim,

If you own any Ford stock (or plan to) 100 shares owned for 6 months will also afford you an xplan pin from shareholder services. Mustang club is certainly is the more economical route, however. 

I would offer that X-Plan is not always the best deal. I have used my X-Plan once on my old Explorer. My MkC and my Expedition I was able to get better deals without X-Plan. X-Plan is a fixed price with different incentives than the general public, sometimes they are worse than the public incentives. I tend to use the plan price as my upper limit when dealing.

Thanks for the all the help and suggestions.   I will check out all options to save money since I'm planning on buying two vehicles in a 3-6 month time span.  How about Sam's Club or Costco? 

I feel like the dealers are not going to negotiate much being that it's a brand new model.  

But back to my original question. 

read the PIN request information about using the PIN code in 30 days.  When does the 30 days qualify?  When you officially order the vehicle or when you pick it up (purchase it?

14 minutes ago, jimwalston said:

Thanks for the all the help and suggestions.   I will check out all options to save money since I'm planning on buying two vehicles in a 3-6 month time span.  How about Sam's Club or Costco? 

I feel like the dealers are not going to negotiate much being that it's a brand new model.  

read the PIN request information about using the PIN code in 30 days.  When does the 30 days qualify?  When you officially order the vehicle or when you pick it up (purchase it?

A valid X-Plan PIN obtained through your employer, club membership, or other legitimate sources are valid for 12 months from issuance (when you request the PIN). You are allowed 2 PIN's per 12 months.

The 30 day rule is a forum rule not a Ford rule - the pin itself is good for 12 months.   It allows the employee to take back the pin if someone gets it but doesn't use it and doesn't stay in touch.  But like I said that's a moot point now anyway.

On 7/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, Flying68 said:

I would offer that X-Plan is not always the best deal.

True.  With most places now selling near invoice it's not always the best deal.  But you do have to check the doc fee which with X plan is limited to $100.  And you're subject to dealer add-ons (mop and glo, glass etching, etc).

On 7/25/2020 at 3:22 PM, Flying68 said:

X-Plan is a fixed price with different incentives than the general public, sometimes they are worse than the public incentives.

They are never worse than general public incentives because X plan still qualifies for all the same incentives.   What is different is that you can't stack other incentives like military or college grad so with those you might do better without X plan.

Also - X plan sometimes comes with additional rebates.  I've noticed that when there was dealer cash on the table on older models.

What makes it difficult is that a lot of Ford's incentives are regional and specified by the local dealer groups and may not be listed as an incentive on the X plan website.  But if you go to the dealer and get the official X plan price from Oasis including all of your rebates you'll see that you get the same ones as everyone else.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jimwalston said:

Hi jim What everyone else stated as far as PIN expiration dates. Good for 1 year from issuance date. 30 day rule is a forum rule only, for the reasons mentioned.

Concerning Costco and Sam's Club member purchase plans: When helping friends with vehicle purchases, I have found that the Costco Buyers Plan pricing has been slightly lower than X-Plan. At least on the particular vehicles we were pricing. However, I forget if they also limit "Documentation Fees" to $100 as X-Plan does. So it can sometimes wind up a wash.

I am not familiar with Sam's Club member pricing, so can not comment on that.

I will add that using X-Plan, Costco etc. does work as a good tool to have a starting point to negotiate an even lower price than those plans offer. Yes, I have negotiated lower pricing than both of those plans using this strategy. However, this strategy will not always work, will not usually work for vehicles in high demand, and my guess is will not work for a new release, high demand vehicle like the Bronco/Bronco Sport. At least not this early in the release.

Let us know how you make out, and good luck.

Edited by bbf2530

2 hours ago, akirby said:

They are never worse than general public incentives because X plan still qualifies for all the same incentives.   What is different is that you can't stack other incentives like military or college grad so with those you might do better without X plan.

Also - X plan sometimes comes with additional rebates.  I've noticed that when there was dealer cash on the table on older models.

What makes it difficult is that a lot of Ford's incentives are regional and specified by the local dealer groups and may not be listed as an incentive on the X plan website.  But if you go to the dealer and get the official X plan price from Oasis including all of your rebates you'll see that you get the same ones as everyone else.

Thanks, I have only ever gone by what was shown on the Ford Partner website vs what is on the regular website (using zip code for the local offers) and I have noticed on occasion that there will be say an extra $1000 on the public that doesn't show on the X-plan.  I also thought I have seen ones where AZDX plans were excluded, maybe not though. 

11 minutes ago, Flying68 said:

Thanks, I have only ever gone by what was shown on the Ford Partner website vs what is on the regular website (using zip code for the local offers) and I have noticed on occasion that there will be say an extra $1000 on the public that doesn't show on the X-plan.  I also thought I have seen ones where AZDX plans were excluded, maybe not though. 

Just website glitches and/or regional offers.  You really have to check with the dealer to see the actual rebates for your area.

On the exclusions, the only ones I've seen are on the PCOs (private cash offers) where they exclude A/Z/D plan but X plan is almost never excluded.   I've used X plan with PCOs many times.

Awesome.  thanks for the information.  Yes, I hoping I don't have to pay MSRP for the Bronco.   Opinions?

I may just use Costco as a starting point if they even do the Bronco then try to get PCO

23 minutes ago, jimwalston said:

Awesome.  thanks for the information.  Yes, I hoping I don't have to pay MSRP for the Bronco.   Opinions?

I may just use Costco as a starting point if they even do the Bronco then try to get PCO

There is a dealer in Iowa (Granger Ford) advertising $1000 below invoice with a $180 doc fee for all Bronco reservation orders.   Frankly I don't believe it and think there has to be a catch as it makes no sense when people are willing to pay MSRP.   But it's right there on their web page. 

Thanks for the heads up akirby.  I called Grainger and they confirmed the $1000 below invoice.  

Costco is not offered the Bronco, yet.