California smog requirements

rain6460

Hello Everyone,

Was considering the purchase of a 2020 GT paired with a Roush supercharger, from Lebanon Ford performance in Ohio. But living in California, I’m not sure this is a good idea due to the strict emission laws they have here. I’m pretty sure new vehicles have to be zero emissions in order to pass smog. According to the Lebanon Ford performance website, The GT‘s they offer with a Roush stage 1 package are certified 50 state legal. Does that statement actually mean it will pass smog in 50 states? Not sure what to think about this, any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. 

jeff

Thanks I appreciate that. It is a bit of a mystery though, we’re almost in August and they’re still waiting on approval from Cal-Air resource board. The dealership told me the window would be closing soon to be able to custom order a 2020 car so... wish they’d get on with it!

I highly recommend the phase 2 Roush kit...not the phase 1.   Discuss it with them.    People who have upgraded from phase 1 to phase 2 report MUCH improvement in drivability, cooling and performance.    Both phases have the warranty.    I have phase 2 and Roush is very good about providing tune updates for it to make it even better.

0304201219.jpg

Hi,

I ordered my 2020 GT Premium from Lebanon Ford of Ohio about a week ago. I had originally planned to go with the phase 1 Roush package, but then decided to go phase 2 for an additional $600. I also went with the performance pack level 1. I know this package includes a strut tower brace that goes over the engine, but I’m not clear on whether they can install one over a supercharger. Do you know if there’s enough clearance under the hood for it? Thanks. 

jeff

12 hours ago, rain6460 said:

Hi,

I ordered my 2020 GT Premium from Lebanon Ford of Ohio about a week ago. I had originally planned to go with the phase 1 Roush package, but then decided to go phase 2 for an additional $600. I also went with the performance pack level 1. I know this package includes a strut tower brace that goes over the engine, but I’m not clear on whether they can install one over a supercharger. Do you know if there’s enough clearance under the hood for it? Thanks. 

jeff

No, the strut tower brace has to be removed....unless something has changed on the 2020 models.