Auto Engine Shutoff Near tragedy

On 7/28/2020 at 6:58 AM, twintornados said:

I can tell you that in the case of my 2017 Lincoln MKC, if I get out of the car with it running and I have the keyfob on me, as soon as I close the door the horn will honk twice.

And then you use forscan to disable that annoying double honk ? 

• Haha 2

On 7/28/2020 at 12:06 PM, CoolScoop said:

Personally, I would never let my car idle that long for any reason... but especially if unattended or with kids/pets inside.

Sooner or later, someone will see the pets in the car and smash a window and call Police. That happens a lot here.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:06 PM, CoolScoop said:

Personally, I would never let my car idle that long for any reason... but especially if unattended or with kids/pets inside.

I've done that recently, but when I was in the car. Took my wife to a doctor's appointment, but for social distancing purposes only the patient was allowed in the waiting room. So I waited in my car reading comfortably with the A/C running in the 95 degree heat. At about 29 minutes I got a warning that the car would soon turn itself off unless I clicked OK to keep it on, which I did, then went back to reading.