2020 Fusion Plug-in Review & Tour Video

Scolirk

Hey everyone,

Last week I had the chance to spend a week with the 2020 Ford Fusion Titanium Plug-In Hybrid, as I brought it up on an earlier episode of my show where we discussed all the sedans killed off for 2020 in the US and Canada. I knew I needed to get into this one since PHEVs are popular and it had been a while since I drove a Fusion. Here's the link to the episode: https://youtu.be/JuBpgynYP7o

It's unfortunate that Ford decided to kill the Fusion, there was serious potential for the plug-in to continue on with improvements to make it competitive against something like the Honda Clarity. 

As a side note, does anyone know the official reason Ford semi-dropped the Energi branding for 2020? The engine cover and owner's manual still say Energi, but the exterior badging and official name online & officially from Ford changed it to Plug-in Hybrid. I figured it was to avoid any confusion consumers might have in thinking it was a full EV.

Edited by Scolirk