Hummer EV unveiling this fall (spy pic too)

Anthony

EeG7TTRUcAAZNr4.jpeg.d5ba04c6efc8d704cc9ac385ed986a52.jpeg

https://www.autonews.com/cars-concepts/hummer-ev-be-unveiled-fall

DETROIT -- General Motors' first battery-electric pickup, the GMC Hummer, will be unveiled this fall after the automaker postponed the May reveal because of the coronavirus pandemic.

The Hummer could better position GM to compete against off-road rivals, such as the Ford Bronco.

"We look at each brand and are continuing to build on our off-road offerings in GMC as well as Chevrolet. When you look to Hummer, you'll see a true capability," CEO Mary Barra told analysts Wednesday.

"We think it's very important to customers, and we'll continue to expand our offerings."

GM will share details about the Hummer's on- and off-road capabilities closer to the reveal.

The pickup will have multiple driving modes, such as adrenaline and crab modes, GMC said in a statement Wednesday. It will also have ultra-vision cameras, modular sky panels, an infinity roof and the next generation of Super Cruise, GM's driver-assist technology.

Production will begin in the fall of 2021 at Detroit-Hamtramck assembly, which is being retooled for EV manufacturing.

The Hummer will be among the first vehicles powered by GM's proprietary Ultium battery, which will allow for a range of up to 400 miles on a full charge, about 50 percent more than the 259-mile range for the 2020 Chevrolet Bolt.

The pickup will have 1,000 hp and go from 0 to 60 mph in three seconds. GM engineers say the truck's electric powertrain will have an estimated torque rating of 11,500 pound-feet.

• Like 2

The pickup will have 1,000 hp and go from 0 to 60 mph in three seconds. GM engineers say the truck's electric powertrain will have an estimated torque rating of 11,500 pound-feet.

In all seriousness...why? That's more than enough to kill people easily enough. 

Or is it going to be a caveat things that its only in certain conditions?

9 hours ago, mackinaw said:

So the public is clamoring for a 1,000 horsepower BEV, short-bed pickup, that will likely cost substantially more than a ICE Silverado?  I don't know.

Short bed?  Heck, the hood is longer than the bed.

This is the Avalanche all over again.

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

In all seriousness...why? That's more than enough to kill people easily enough. 

Or is it going to be a caveat things that its only in certain conditions?

yeah, I’m not too sure I want to be riding in a vehicle without a roof going 0-60 in 3 seconds.

This Hummer EV truck perfectly capitalizes on 2 of the biggest changes in the automotive industry. The shift to 100% electric propulsion and the growth of the high-end, status oriented pickup truck market. GM seems to understand both very well.

GM will have some serious competition though for this Hummer and its upcoming Chevy BEV truck. Tesla Cybertruck, Ford BEV F-150, Rivian R1T, Lordstown Endurance, and Nikola Badger (BEV/FCEV hybrid) are all planned to come out in the next couple years. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mackinaw said:

So the public is clamoring for a 1,000 horsepower BEV, short-bed pickup, that will likely cost substantially more than a ICE Silverado?  I don't know.

Why don't they just put a jet engine on the back and be done with it. Kind of tired of the hp/torque wars and 0-60 times. Rather meaningless unless you are entering LeMans or Baja race. Chrysler started this madness with its Dodge testosterone lineup.

2 hours ago, mackinaw said:

This new Hummer is a designer truck, meant to cater to the elite who want to show people how environmentally sensitive they are.  Personally, I don't get it.  If I was in the market for a designer truck, I look at a Rivian first.

Based off what we have seen, rivian has my vote too.

On 7/29/2020 at 7:35 PM, Dequindre said:

With a bed that short, this must not be geared toward heavy "truck duties". 

For folks who want that, they will also have a Chevy Silverado EV, which I assume will be like a normal pickup.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:51 PM, AGR said:

For folks who want that, they will also have a Chevy Silverado EV, which I assume will be like a normal pickup.

Yeah, say what you want (I always thought the Avalanche was ugly) but it and the Sport trac definitely have their fans.  Plenty of people like shorter beds on their trucks.

• 2 months later...