Cadillac Lyriq EV Teased

rmc523

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

The first Cadillac Lyriq pre-production units rolled off the assembly line at GM's Spring Hill plant yesterday, 9 months ahead of schedule. Mark Reuss on LinkedIn: As I’ve said before, our people and manufacturing expertise will enable | 124 comments

1642689086795?e=1645660800&v=beta&t=wyeW

As I said over at GMI - the wheels on this look too small, and the front too busy.  I also hate that design opening under the leading edge of the hood.  It looks like the hood doesn't close all the way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Lots of auto companies are using the sharp edge design theme, and I'm glad Ford isn't one of them. 

The sharp edges don't bother me too much. I just am getting sick of the trend of putting creases for no logical reason. Toyota and Hyundai do this the most.

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2022 at 11:17 AM, rperez817 said:

The first Cadillac Lyriq pre-production units rolled off the assembly line at GM's Spring Hill plant yesterday, 9 months ahead of schedule. Mark Reuss on LinkedIn: As I’ve said before, our people and manufacturing expertise will enable | 124 comments

Regular production of Cadillac Lyriq is expected to begin the week of March 21, 2022. 2023 Cadillac Lyriq Said To Enter Production On March 21 (insideevs.com)

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2022 at 10:14 AM, rperez817 said:

Regular production of Cadillac Lyriq is expected to begin the week of March 21, 2022. 2023 Cadillac Lyriq Said To Enter Production On March 21 (insideevs.com)

There was a Lyriq production launch celebration this morning. GM executives, Spring Hill Assembly plant workers, and Tennessee elected officials attended. Cadillac Celebrates Launch of LYRIQ at Spring Hill, Tennessee, Assembly Plant (gm.com)

On 3/21/2022 at 1:46 PM, rperez817 said:

There was a Lyriq production launch celebration this morning. GM executives, Spring Hill Assembly plant workers, and Tennessee elected officials attended. Cadillac Celebrates Launch of LYRIQ at Spring Hill, Tennessee, Assembly Plant (gm.com)

The exterior lighting on this vehicle is eye popping. Makes a Tesla look very pedestrian and dated. Eyes are looking for the next shiny object, and this may be it. The BEV competition is really heating up. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

The exterior lighting on this vehicle is eye popping. Makes a Tesla look very pedestrian and dated. Eyes are looking for the next shiny object, and this may be it. The BEV competition is really heating up. 

Eh, I find it weird looking.

• 3 months later...

3 hours ago, akirby said:

0-60 6.1 seconds?  WTF?

That's Car and Driver's estimate for the RWD Lyriq based on its power rating of 340 hp and curb weight of about 5,700 lbs. I don't think they did actual instrumented testing with the pre-production Lyriqs that GM provided.

1 hour ago, Harley Lover said:

I *think* that's the single motor version that is being offered first. The dual motor version comes later (I think).

That's correct Harley Lover. The automotive press evaluated the single motor, RWD configuration, which is rated at 340 hp. These are the initial Lyriqs to be produced, with deliveries starting this summer. Later this year, Lyriq with dual motor, AWD configuration and 500 hp rating ($2,000 extra over the RWD model) will begin production, with initial deliveries of those Lyriqs taking place in 1st quarter 2023.