Carlisle Ford Nationals for 2022

Yea, I know it's a way out, but I'm hoping the CV-19 will be under control by then.

So I'm planning to head out to the Carlisle Ford Nationals for 2022. 

I don't know if it will be a big deal but during the event, but it will be the 55 anniversary for the Cougar.

Any suggestions of where to stay or visit while in the area?

On 7/30/2020 at 10:01 PM, jniffen said:

Yea, I know it's a way out, but I'm hoping the CV-19 will be under control by then.

So I'm planning to head out to the Carlisle Ford Nationals for 2022. 

I don't know if it will be a big deal but during the event, but it will be the 55 anniversary for the Cougar.

Any suggestions of where to stay or visit while in the area?

There are plenty of hotels in the area, but be warned that they often jack up their prices in anticipation of car show season. It's also possible to camp on the grounds for a fee. Check with Carlisle Events for prices and details. 

A good place to visit is the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) Museum in Hershey, Pa. (about 30 minutes away, to the east). It's open on Sundays until 5 p.m.  

If you're a history buff, the Gettysburg Battlefield is about 40 minutes to the south. 

Edited by grbeck

I was there on Saturday as well. The number of show cars was actually a lot better than I expected. The only 2021 F-150 that Ford had at their display was the PowerBoost hybrid. I talked to the members of the Mid Atlantic Bronco Club and they told me they gave Ford a lot of grief for not having the new Bronco there. Ford's excuse was that they didn't want people to see the prototypes because the interiors were too rough and didn't want potential customers to think the production vehicles would be that way.

IMG_3957.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3968.jpg

IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_4000.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

When i go to such car shows I look for the unique vehicles.

We have the 'Back to the 50's' at the MN State Fair Grounds, (which by the way is not owned or operated by the Mn state government).

When I've gone, I've looked for the 57; Rancheros,  Couriers and Ranch Wagon for example.  Love the '53-56 F100s but they're easier to find.

If all goes well for 2022, I'll be looking for 66 Rancheros, any 66-70 Falcon and the Mavericks.

Of course I'll be looking for the 67-70 Cougars and Mustangs (even the Mustang IIs).

• 3 weeks later...