AC vent trim fell off

15 minutes ago, vipersinu2 said:

The AC vent trim fell off.

Does anyone have an Idea how to clean off the old adhesive and what typ of adhesive should I use to re-attach trim piece?

Hi vipersinu. Is your Navigator still within the 4 year/50,000 mile New Car Warranty? I am assuming yes, so my advice: The best course of action would be to make a service appointment and have it properly repaired, or most likely replaced. Or have it taken care of on your next oil change. Perhaps stop by one day so they can take a look and order the piece if it is not a stock item, so it can be a one day fix.

If outside warranty, or you just want to fix it yourself, I will leave it to others to give cleaning and adhesive advice.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Edited by bbf2530

9 minutes ago, vipersinu2 said:

Florida heat may have played a roll,  we don't drive that much. It was a hot day for sure. I went to adust the vent and I seen the piece laying in the vent.

Who know how long its been like that. Not sure when it happend.

Hi guys. The piece does not look damaged (as in blunt force contact etc.), so there should be no problem having it replaced under warranty, if you go that route.

Good luck.