2021 Mustang Production & Scheduling Information

ice-capades

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is updated 2020/2021MY Mustang timetable.

• 10/02/2020 - 2020MY Final Fleet Order Due Date
  • 10/15/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/23/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date

• 10/12/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 11/12/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 01/04/2021 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, JoeG76 said:

Thank you for this info. Any idea on when dealerships will receive their allocations?

Dealers won't get their initial allocation for the 2021MY Mustang until after the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opens and the initial wholesale allocation is offered. The initial "System Fill" allocation normally covers the first two months of production.

The 2021 Mustang Order Guide will be available on or about the date that the USOB opens.

Edited by ice-capades

• 2 months later...

Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) below is the updated 2020/2021MY Mustang timetable.

• 10/02/2020 - 2020MY Final Fleet Order Due Date
  • 10/15/2020 - 2020MY Last Day to Spec Change
  • 12/16/2020 - 2020MY Balance Out Date

• 10/12/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 11/19/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 01/04/2021 - 2021MY Job #1 Date

So, are the '21 Mustang Order Guides going to show up tomorrow, same day that we can order??  Too bad Ford is 

so late on everything they do...normally.  Guides should have been out this past week.  I don't care what their "norm has

been".....it's not helping the buyers or the dealers who want and need that info earlier...and not dropped on them the same

day buyers can order.  

14 minutes ago, cobra9498 said:

So, are the '21 Mustang Order Guides going to show up tomorrow, same day that we can order??  Too bad Ford is 

so late on everything they do...normally.  Guides should have been out this past week.  I don't care what their "norm has

been".....it's not helping the buyers or the dealers who want and need that info earlier...and not dropped on them the same

day buyers can order.  

You don’t “need” that info early.  There is no difference in whether you order next week or a week later.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

You don’t “need” that info early.  There is no difference in whether you order next week or a week later.

Well akirby, there is a difference to me and my dealer.  Since we are not too sure the prod. numbers for the Mach 1,

I want to be at the front of the line....where I am now....so that the Ford Reg. Dir. can see my dealers early interest in

getting allocations that will serve their needs.  For me...it's to serve MY needs, and that is to get my order in and to make

sure I get the car I want.  Waiting serves no real purpose in a "limited production world" of certain vehicles.  This isn't my

first rodeo.  My 12th Mustang, will be my 68th vehicle owned, and my 40th new vehicle owned.  I've purchased when and where

the inventory was no issue, and I've ordered when times were "tough."  So, waiting in this "climate" does not benefit my needs,

wants and desires for the car that will show up at my dealer as I ordered it.  The ordering Guide would have helped me this past

week. 

And may I add, my dealer also was wanting them to serve their needs.  So, it's not just me....my dealer is a large one with

a huge following.  Yes, the Mach 1 has not "started a run" to get in to their front doors at opening time....yet.  But, they do anticipate

great interest coming soon when the car gets tested and is "out there" for potential buyers to really see what this car is all about.

Being a "car guy" with so many Mustangs under my belt....I can see this Mach 1 will be the best 5.0 Coyote Mustang built thus far,

and I won't make the "mistake" of waiting till whenever to order.  Up front and leading.  That's where I like to be.  There are times to

wait for what you want, etc.  This isn't one of them.  IMHO.  And, there is a "shake up"  of sorts going on with Ford's Regional Mgrs on

how they will assign allocations.  Dealers have been told it won't be the same as in the past.  I can't explain it all....but, I do know the

dealer is trying to figure it out as it has just been dumped on them that....."things, they are a changing!"  They don't know all the details

as of yesterday.   

• Like 1

So get on the phone with your dealer and put in the order as soon as the order bank opens.  There will only be a few options to worry about.  Or have them put in a base order and change the options a few days later.

Youre making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, akirby said:

So get on the phone with your dealer and put in the order as soon as the order bank opens.  There will only be a few options to worry about.  Or have them put in a base order and change the options a few days later.

Youre making a mountain out of a molehill.

Honestly...with all due respect....no mountains....no mole hills!  OK?  I just stated facts as I know them to be and what my desires are.  No big deal.  You are making the mountain, sir!

Now you are telling me what to do, etc, etc.  I probably have been on this earth a lot longer than you have....and I'm well educated and experienced in many areas.  I've described

my car exp. somewhat.  Oh, did I forget to say....I once sold cars, worked for a broker and spent lots of time at auctions and buying cars for high end clients in So.Cal.and to

well known celebrities.  I know the business from the inside and outside very well. 

All I did was ask about the Guides. You obviously then didn't like my response to your response.  Oh well, but, you assume things that aren't there.  I don't panic, I don't get rattled,

I'm smarter than that.  So, I'll stay down where the mole hills are.  I don't like heights!

Again, I know exactly what to do, how to do it, and when to do it.  I'm friends with my GM and the Inv. Mgr who does all the ordering.  We are ALL in tune with what we are

doing.  The option list is not so short.  Looks to be about what past Mustangs have been.  I saw the Ford e Source Book dated Aug. 24th and it highlighted some things we

didn't know about the base Mach, and about some options.  NOT all was revealed in that doc.  But, there are equipment packages...just like there has been, stand alone options

as in the past, etc, etc.  All of us just need to know exactly what they are and I'll put my check mark next to all the things I want.  Easy when you have the info. 

Have a great day. 

41 minutes ago, cobra9498 said:

All of us just need to know exactly what they are and I'll put my check mark next to all the things I want.  Easy when you have the info. 

And you’ll have that the first day the order bank opens, one way or the other.  Stop being such a drama queen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

And you’ll have that the first day the order bank opens, one way or the other.  Stop being such a drama queen.

That's all you know how to do...throw dispersions and call people names?  Quite the moderator aren't you?  

Yeah, yeah, I see all the "numbers, etc, etc."  Doesn't mean anything to me.   Be  more like ice-capades.  Straight forward,

business like, respectful and helpful.  He doesn't resort to name calling when he can't come up with anything else to say.

I'm done with you.  You're not here to help.  Just like petty name calling it seems.

No more wasting my time.  You've shown what you have to offer.  Zero.      

7 hours ago, cobra9498 said:

That's all you know how to do...throw dispersions and call people names?  Quite the moderator aren't you?  

Yeah, yeah, I see all the "numbers, etc, etc."  Doesn't mean anything to me.   Be  more like ice-capades.  Straight forward,

business like, respectful and helpful.  He doesn't resort to name calling when he can't come up with anything else to say.

I'm done with you.  You're not here to help.  Just like petty name calling it seems.

No more wasting my time.  You've shown what you have to offer.  Zero.      

I gave you the correct answer.   It doesn't matter if you get the order guide a week before or the same day the order bank opens.   You can see all the options and place your order on the day the order bank opens.   And it makes no difference whether you place your order first thing in the morning or at the end of the day or the next day.   If the shoe fits......

The 2021 Mustang Order Guide is scheduled to be released and the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened today. The order guide has not been released yet and although it is usually available when the USOB is scheduled to open there are times when it's released at a later date. In addition, the 2021MY specifications have not been entered yet into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer) system meaning no 2021MY Mustang orders can be configured or placed yet.

Scheduling for the 2021 Mustang doesn't begin until 11/19/2020.

I will continue to monitor the order guide status and will upload it to the Dealer Order Guides section as soon as it's available.  

Edited by ice-capades

7 minutes ago, akirby said:

Also remember that retail orders (customer orders) are not usually scheduled until the ok to buy is given after job 1.

Thanks for mentioning that. I'm used to assuming that members here are aware of the "OK to Buy" status because it's so often part of the discussions. 

12 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If you really think you need order guides before the order bank opens then you have no idea how production scheduling works and neither does your dealer. It's not first come first serve, that ONLY happens with vehicles Ford is taking reservations on. Mach 1 isn't one of those. 

fuzzy...you are making assumptions.  My GM owns other dealerships and has been with Ford for many years.  They know as well if not better than you. I am good friends with him.

We don't NEED order guides.  I want the order guide..to sit at home, go through it, make decisions etc.  Now I suppose you'll find something wrong with that?

I also have a '21 Corvette on order.  My dealer sent me the order guide....which is extensive on the Corvette.  It took 3 times going through it and tweaking items to order.  I worked

with my order guy and finalized it.  Chevy has no problem with the same kind of system.  I'm in their system and when Chevy/Corvette assigns allocations then I'll know if I move

fwd.  I'm #6 on the list.  Last year they had 12 allocations.  The dealer owes 2 of those to '20 Vette orders that Chevy converted to '21 models.  So, I'm #6 of "maybe 10 allocations...but,

that is based on last years numbers. 

Anyway.....I'm not a total idiot here.  Again, don't assume what you think I know or don't know...or the reasoning of "why does this guy think he

needs an order guide to order a car?"   Why....'cause I want one to sit at home and play with.  Simple.  And, so ALL you guys get the full understanding....I'm not doing a customer

order.  They, my Ford dealer and GM, will order the Mach 1 I want as a dealer inventory order.  And, no obligations on my part to buy for any reason when delivered.  He accepts

what I'm planning on since...WE TALKED IT ALL OVER.  He knows he could sell what I plan to order.  So, that order...for me essentially....will get a higher and faster priority.

4 hours ago, ice-capades said:

The 2021 Mustang Order Guide is scheduled to be released and the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) opened today. The order guide has not been released yet and although it is usually available when the USOB is scheduled to open there are times when it's released at a later date. In addition, the 2021MY specifications have not been entered yet into the WBDO (Web Based Dealer) system meaning no 2021MY Mustang orders can be configured or placed yet.

Scheduling for the 2021 Mustang doesn't begin until 11/19/2020.

I will continue to monitor the order guide status and will upload it to the Dealer Order Guides section as soon as it's available.  

Thank you ice-capades for that rational and professional answer and explanation without disparaging anyone or calling names, like your moderator friend.

I didn't, though, appreciate you and hand-filer giving a thumbs up on a moderator who thinks disparaging and name calling are an OK think to do.  What IF a member

did that to someone on here??  I KNOW what you guys would do.  And you do too.  Who moderates the moderators??  Your acceptance of his actions says..."it's OK

to do that to a member."  I know you, and you know that too....we won't open that up.   But, don't you think you should have said that is not the way to talk to members,

just as it is for us to not "go that route" with anyone on here?  And...hand-filer....laughing at an asinine comment and name calling just shows your level of decency...or

lack thereof.  Just sayin. 

So, that you and your fellow moderator...er, name caller.....understands....my order will not be a customer order.  My GM and order Mgr. are going to make my order

a dealer stock order.  It's all been well talked out and decided.  My GM and order Mgr. know pretty much what I intend to order and are OK with that being an inventory

car IF for some reason I don't end up taking the car.  I'm not obligated.  And they know they can sell it.  

So, let's all get back to decency and professionalism.  IF that is possible for some on here.    

• Haha 1

Unfortunately, the 2021 Mustang Order Guides has not been released to Dealers yet or the 2021MY specifications available in the WBDO ordering system. Most of the time the order guides are released on time but in some cases there are delays, most likely caused by additional time necessary for the company to finalize updated vehicle specifications, options, etc. for the new Model Year. I'll keep checking but there's no way of knowing how long the delay will be.  

• Like 2

Hi guys.  Well, I know you've been doing this for a long time.  But, you never know in this world who is

"connected" to info. that you are NOT.  I cannot tell you my source...sworn to secrecy...and I'm being honest,

on my Mother's grave.  TOMORROW you will get the O.G. for the Mach 1.  I hope you bet me....AND apologize

ice-capades for giving a thumbs up to your fellow Moderator on disparaging and name calling of me, a member

on here YOU would not allow the same kind of "talk" happen.  YOU know I'm right.

I will be waiting for your POSITIVE msgs to me tomorrow.

Take care!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Unfortunately, the 2021 Mustang Order Guides has not been released to Dealers yet or the 2021MY specifications available in the WBDO ordering system. Most of the time the order guides are released on time but in some cases there are delays, most likely caused by additional time necessary for the company to finalize updated vehicle specifications, options, etc. for the new Model Year. I'll keep checking but there's no way of knowing how long the delay will be.  

Read my msg I just wrote.  I messed up by not inserting yours to my latest.

8 hours ago, JoeG76 said:

@ice-capades Thank you for continuing to check on this, I appreciate you posting whatever information is available. :)

I'll give you one better.  Tomorrow, Wed. Oct. 14th the Order Guides WILL BE OPEN to order Mach 1's.  Take that to the bank.

I have a source at Ford, that asked me to keep it between us.....but, it is for real.  He knows I'm ordering a Mach 1 and that

I've owned 11 Mustangs, and many other vehicles.  He also had me lined up with an interview with the Detroit Free Press to be

asked about my excitement to be ordering a new Mach 1.  I wasn't able to bet back quick enough today, and the reporter had to pick

another person that he had given the reporter as people you'd want to talk to.  

Anyway....tomorrow I'll have the PDF file printed out, sitting at home and putting my Mach 1 together, and when it's all done and

"for sure" I will turn it over to my Inv. Mgr. to order and get it in to the system.  

Also, the Mach 1 WILL be sold overseas unlike the Bullitt....so that tells us that there will be many more Mach's built than the Bullitt.  It has to

"replace" essentially 3 Mustangs.  The "gap" between the Mustang GT....and the Shelby GT500 leaves 3 models gone for '21.....2 versions of the 350 

and the Bullitt.  So, the Mach 1 has to be a "go to" car for many Mustang enthusiasts who want more than a GT....like me...but, now the GT500 is too costly

with the damn dealer mark ups.  AND, I think those mark ups will be coming down...since the inventory of 500's is backing up.  Sales have slowed down.  

Duh...ya think?......with dealer pricing at $100K and up, they are way too much for most of us.  

• Like 1