2021 Mustang Production & Scheduling Information

ice-capades

2021 MUSTANG MACH 1 ALLOCATION & SCHEDULING INFORMATION (Subject to Change!)

I would expect the allocation and scheduling process for the 2021 Mustang Mach 1 to be similar to the process for Shelby's which is different from the process on regular Mustang orders. Dealers are informed of their Shelby allocation at the beginning of the Model Year and are then notified just before they receive the actual allocation for scheduling. Shelby allocation is determined by a dealership's "Share of Nation" Mustang sales for the prior Model Year so that the larger volume Mustang dealers earn a larger share of the Shelby production available. Dealers are advised when they'll receive their Shelby allocation so that they can make sure that their unscheduled Shelby order bank is prioritized as desired and in compliance with any commodity restrictions that may be in place at the time the allocation is to be scheduled. Their Ford Zone Manager notifies them of any commodity issues in place so that they have clean, buildable orders in place for scheduling. For Shelby's, Dealers are informed at the start of the Model Year whether certain commodities would be available to their dealership. For example, on the Shelby GT500's, the Painted Over-the-Top Racing Stripes were a controlled commodity and only available to the larger dealerships. Dealership's that didn't qualify for the painted stripes could only order the vinyl stripes. In the case of the F-150 Raptor's a common controlled commodity issue is the availability of the optional Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Wheels which are available on a periodic basis. 

Dealership's may be advised of their total Mach 1 allocation for the Model Year or they may be notified during the Model Year when they'll receive allocation for scheduling. Dearborn advises the regional offices of their Shelby allocation available for scheduling in the upcoming period and that regional allocation is then distributed to the dealership level. Shelby orders in the USOB (Unscheduled Order Bank) have a "Hold" status in place until a dealership has the actual scheduling allocation and a specific order is selected for scheduling in compliance with priority codes and any commodity restrictions in place at the time. The Regional Scheduler then re-prioritizes the order selected for scheduling with an "01" priority code which clears the order for scheduling. The order is then usually scheduled within the next couple of weeks. 

In cases where there are controlled commodity issues, only a clean order will be scheduled for production. Once the order is scheduled, the Dealer can't then change the order to add an option that was a controlled commodity issue at the time the order was originally scheduled. The late availability of the "Handling Package" option being discussed for the Mach 1 may or may not be a similar situation. The Handling Package is not included as an option in the current order guide and not even listed as a "late availability" option. Ford's said that it will be available Spring 2021 but until it's added to an updated 2021 Mustang Order Guide and available for ordering, there's no way of knowing when the Handling Package will actually be available for scheduling or production. 

• Like 4

• ice-capades changed the title to 2021 Mustang Production & Scheduling Information

Thank you @ice-capades for this info. This is along the lines of what I was thinking. Ford just announced that the Handling Package will be available to order in January 2021, so I'll be telling my dealer to hold off until then. Since they've had the painted stripe GT500's, GT350R's and Raptors with the Forged Aluminum Bead-Lock Wheels, I'm betting they'll have the allocations.

Thanks again for your updates!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Reference to Blue Oval Forums in this Motor Trend article posted on MSN a few hours ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enthusiasts/ford-mustang-gt-performance-pack-2-dies-so-that-the-mach-1-can-live/ar-BB1a6iug?ocid=msedgntp

PP2 dropping is on Page 1 on the 2021 Product/Oder Guide.  Also, interesting the PP1 went up $1,000 over 2020, but, that was offset by 

Safe and Smart is no longer a $1K option, it is included in the 401A Package.  Most other check off items are the same.  The Base GT Prem. is up

a little.  I built a GT Prem, 401A, auto, PP1 with all options...including the nickel luster wheels I like....came to:  $56,995.  Mag ride, 6P Brembos, etc, 3.55

Torsen rear, same as auto trans Mach 1.  This is a nice Mustang that has great features, some that are on the Mach 1, for those that aren't tracking the car....save a ton of $$.  Besides MSRP being a lot less, the dealer will discount this car a bunch.  I'm figuring I can save approx. $6K over the Mach 1 I built.  Something to think about for those not needing a  track car.  And, it's not hard to up your 460 hp to 480 with simple bolt ons.   

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ice-capades said:

I do not provide price lists or links as the price lists contain invoice pricing which I will not disclose. You'll have to get that information from your Dealer or another source. 

I thought as much.  Thanks anyway.  My dealer will send it to me.  I always ask for the Invoice too.  And get it.  

INFORMATION - 2021 MUSTANG MACH 1 HANDLING PACKAGE

DEARBORN, Mich., Oct 21, 2020 – Building off of last week’s news that order banks opened up for the limited-edition 2021 Mustang Mach 1 – the Mach 1 team has now added the ability for Handling Package customers to opt for the 10-speed auto transmission (previously a manual-only package) due to significant customer feedback since announcing Mach 1’s return this past June.

Order banks for the Mach 1 Handling Package open in January 2021

Mach 1 Handling Package vehicles come with:
  • Unique, wider 19-inch x 10.5-inch front, and 19-inch x 11-inch rear Tarnished Dark-painted aluminum wheels
  • 305/30R19 (front) and 315/30R19 (rear) tires (Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2)
  • Adjustable strut top mounts
  • Performance rear spoiler with gurney flap
  • Unique chassis tuning
  • Performance front aero splitter
  • 150% more downforce than a Mustang GT with Performance Pack Level 1
Additional key Mach 1 info:
  • Mach 1 confirmed for Europe and Australia just last week
  • Mach 1's optional 10-Speed SelectShift automatic transmission is $1,595
  • The Mach 1 Handling Package is $3,500 (price with standard manual trans)
  • All-new 2021 Mustang Mach 1 starts with an MSRP of $51,720 (plus $1,195 destination and delivery charge)
  • Mach 1 will arrive to U.S. and Canadian Ford dealerships in the spring of 2021
  • Mach 1 comes standard with the Tremec 3160 six-speed manual transmission (from the Shelby GT350)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Vrefast said:

When oh when will the GT500 Order Guides arrive. Dying to build one and a track day with the car...

I'm sure icecapades will post as soon as Ford releases.  I know this.  My dealer has (2)  2020 GT500's on the rails to them.  Last 2.

And their last Bullitt arrived this past Sat, that will sell for below MSRP, as they are across the country right now.  The black ones are 

being discounted even more than the green.  Anyway...just some extra "stuff."  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a good piece of info for some, I hope.  The new Ford Order/Tracking System seems to be working pretty well....so far.  When my

'21 GT Prem, 401A, auto, PP1 car was ordered on Nov. 3rd, Ford sent me an email, same day, acknowledging that it was now in "their

system" and they will email during the process.  Today....I got my 2nd email from Ford stating that my car will be built the week of

Jan. 18th!  Wow....that's great feedback so far.  The old COTUS system wasn't this good...for sure.  

Now the guessing game....how long waiting at factory after build, to get out on to the rails, and then railroads getting it moving on to it's

destination.  My next email from Ford will be that "it's built."  I believe the VIN will come either to me or my dealer before I get that email.

My dealer rec'd their next to last GT500, a Carbon Pack. car...MSRP $97,xxx....plus a $10K ADM.  Lower than most dealers....LOL!  They have 1 more on the way and that's their last.  They rec'd their last green Bullitt about a week ago.  Still sitting there looking shiny and pretty!  LOL!  So is the GT500!!  $107K....Whew! 

Kona blue, black stripes.  Wish they still had kept Kona for '21.  I'd have ordered that and then put the over the top GT500 "style" white stripes on it.  Mine will

be Oxford White...I'll add blue over the top stripes at some point in the Spring

My "guess" is my car should arrive approx. the 2nd week of April.  But, we'll see.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ford just sent me a build update.  My Mustang will now be built on....Job 1 date of Jan. 4th.  NOT the week of...but,

actually on Jan. 4th.  So, we're thinking that the arrival date will be sooner than the Apr. time frame I had earlier

predicted.  

This also is to let folks know that they are starting 2021 Model builds on Jan. 4th as announced earlier as Job 1. 

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, JoeG76 said:

@ice-capades have you seen any word on what the order code is for the Handling Package on the Mach 1? My dealer hasn’t been able to find it. :(

Ford offices have been closed for the holidays but re-opened today. I've been checking for new order guide updates but none have been released yet today. I'd expect the updated order guides to be released by tomorrow including an updated 2021 Mustang Order Guide that will include the Mach 1 Handling Package order code and information. I'll upload the new order guide as soon as it's available. 

3 hours ago, tatum337 said:

My 21 Gt is scheduled to be built the week of January 18th.  I ordered it with the black accent package.  The order guide did not have a photo of the wheels.  Can anyone share the wheels on the 21 black accent package?  THX

Attached is the page from the 2021 Mustang Order Guide showing the new wheels included in the Black Accent Package (60G). The .PDF version of the 2021 Mustang brochure is not yet available but you can probably find actual photos of the new wheels at the Ford.com site. 

2021 Mustang Order Guide_Wheel Availability.pdf

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...