“Build and Price” a 2019 Ford Flex in Aug 2020

I was perusing the Ford web site via the Ford iPhone app a few minutes ago and noticed it is (supposedly) still possible, in August 2020, to “build and price” a 2019 Ford Flex, selecting my preferred exterior color as well as opting for roof rack side rails and all-weather floor mats, etc.

Of course, I have no doubt that it is not truly possible now to do any such thing (except perhaps as a purely academic exercise), but I was surprised to see that such a thing remains on Ford’s web site (or at least the Ford app).

Is there some rational reason why such a thing would have been left—intentionally—on the web site and not removed a year ago?  If so, it escapes me....

I’m interested in hearing from industry insiders about this.  Thanks.

I noticed that the other day as well.  Not sure why it's still there, as the vehicle isn't even in production at all anymore regardless of model year.

My guess is since they still have them at dealers, they still need it on the site, and they probably just haven't flipped it to "off".  Some of the web guys will chime in I'm sure, but they probably have it all built into a "2019"....."program" if you will (all 2019 things bunched together), and since it'll be removed altogether soon, maybe they just haven't bothered to update it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I noticed that the other day as well.  Not sure why it's still there, as the vehicle isn't even in production at all anymore regardless of model year.

My guess is since they still have them at dealers, they still need it on the site, and they probably just haven't flipped it to "off".  Some of the web guys will chime in I'm sure, but they probably have it all built into a "2019"....."program" if you will (all 2019 things bunched together), and since it'll be removed altogether soon, maybe they just haven't bothered to update it.

Ford's Vehicle Locator shows 26 2019 Flex's in stock at the closest 300 Dealers. 

• Like 1