2018+ cabin air filter

DCP

14 hours ago, DCP said:

Does anyone have a reference to instructions on how to change a cabin air filter? Thanks.

Hi DCP. Only that the 2018 Owners Manual states "You can locate the cabin air filter behind the glove box." and "Replace the filter at regular intervals. See Scheduled Maintenance (page 552). For additional cabin air filter information, or to replace the filter, see a qualified technician.", on pages 156-157 of the PDF version.

Good luck.

17 hours ago, YT90SC said:

I gotta ask: what was wrong with the SHO? They were fantastic cars for their time. 

It was the first year; lots of problems. Ford sent it to market without having it ready. I don't remember all the problems; I mostly remember the constant stream of problems. Three clutches in year one despite my wife's fairly easy driving. Periodic electrical failures that I never did sort. Complete transmission failure. Upholstery on drivers seat falling apart.  For its time, though, you are absolutely right. Fantastic car and what an engine. I learned one extremely valuable lesson from our ownership: I never talked my wife into buying another vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping to report back how to change a cabin filter. I figured out how to drop the glovebox door. There is an elastic line toward the passenger door which can be removed by prying out on the lower plastic piece that secures it to the side of the door and moving the part of the plastic piece that is inside the glovebox toward a removal hole. There is a friction stop toward the driver's side on the upper side of the glovebox door that must be depressed and a friction top at the top of the back top of the inner part that has to be maneuvered around a stop to let the door drop. I then removed the six 7mm bolts shown in the YouTube video. Those secure a big panel that includes the glovebox door hinges. I pulled the panel in a few places trying to get something loose. Not wanting to break anything, I didn't get too enthusiastic. Then I decided to put everything back before I broke something. If anyone runs across instructions, I could use some help.