Next-Gen Wrangler not due until 2027

mackinaw

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

That's gotta be painful with the Bronco dropping the hammer.  It'll be interesting to see if Ford gives Bronco a longer cycle too, or if it gets a 3-6/7 cycle.

Im betting it will be the same as F150.  This is a cash cow if they don’t screw it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The one thing I'm curious about the Bronco is the next refresh-given how the body is pretty much modular and easily removable, I wonder if people will swap out fenders and other new styling cues to keep their older Bronco's "current"

That's an interesting theory.  It's certainly possible.  Can I easily add a/c seats ;) ?

Edited by rmc523

13 hours ago, mackinaw said:

I'll bet that FCA (or whatever the new company is called) will shorten the Wrangler/Gladiator replacement cycle now that they have some real competition.  

They can do a heavy MCE on the existing vehicles.  The JL is only a couple years old, it still has plenty of life left in it and I'm sure Jeep won't stand by and do nothing. Adding 35's to match the Sasquatch doesn't require much (if anything) to do, you can bet that will happen in the next year or so.

• Like 1

Given how long it will be before appreciable dealer stock of Bronco will be available, along with production limitations that couldn't match Wrangler if they wanted to, I don't see Jeep taking a huge hit due to Bronco. FCA will surely make updates to the current vehicle, but their current financial situation likely can't support fasttracking the new model. 

The thing to watch over the next 2 years or so is Jeep's pricing: Where will they find balance between incentives and production? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The one thing I'm curious about the Bronco is the next refresh-given how the body is pretty much modular and easily removable, I wonder if people will swap out fenders and other new styling cues to keep their older Bronco's "current"

Interesting. In the late 1920s and early 1930s, before the advent of fully streamlined bodies, luxury car owners often updated their cars by installing grilles, headlights and bumpers from the latest models. 

2 hours ago, blwnsmoke said:

Crazy to me, Wrangler has to be a cash cow and it is just a simple box on a frame with 4 wheels.  It won't take much to update it and I doubt they will just sit there for 7 more years and watch their sales plummet.

I don’t think their sales will plummet. They will lose some to the Bronco, but the Jeep is a classic vehicle, that is more than capable in its own right, and really doesn’t need to change much. 

I would wait and hold judgement on this until the Bronco has "Time" in the field.  Hopefully they won't have too many issues.  If the Bronco has issues from the get go, then Jeep won't have a problem.  The mags will compare them up and down so hopefully the competition will be good.