cruise control power windows

seandiesel

11 hours ago, seandiesel said:

just wanted to know if i have an E350 with no options, is the wiring harness the same?  can i install a steering wheel with cruise control and link some wires? can i do the same if i get doors with power windows? or if it’s impossible?

What year? I was able to add CC to my 2005 F150 XL by getting the switches and related switch harness out of a salvage yard, pulling the blanks out of my steering wheel and installing the switches and harness (plugged into the clockspring without issue) and a trip to the local Ford garage to have speed control turned on in the computer. I have a buddy that wants to put CC in his 2014 E350, research shows that you need to change the steering wheel and clockspring then a trip to the Ford garage for access to the computer. We haven't tackled his yet.

As for power windows, I added power windows to my F150 by getting one of those 50 dollar kits you see on Amazon, but in my case, my window regulators were shot so I needed to replace them too. Turns out, manual crank window regulators for my truck were 3X the cost of power window regulators WITH the motor attached so I used the harness, switches and related hardware trim from the kit and spliced the wiring into the power window regulators and VIOLA...power windows! The aftermarket kit included plugs for the hole in the door panel where the window crank was.