My experience selling my 2014 explorer sport

Hey all, just thought this might be helpful.

I have a 2021 aviator gt on order. I don't expect it until November or December. Anyhow, I was trying to figure out how to unload my 2014 explorer sport 34k miles in the best way possible considering corona virus. I made the deal on the aviator without discussing a trade. 

I then, a couple of weeks later, had the dealer value my ex sport as a trade when aviator comes in. Came in low, which I expected, at 18 k. Now, there is a tax savings with that at dealer at time of trade, so let's say value is 19,100 at the dealer. Car is in excellent condition.  I then hit up vroom.com which came in at 20,300 and 2 days later they upped the offer to 20,800.  We buyanycar .com came in at 21, 400. Carsense came in at 21,900. Carvana came in at 23,136.  

Quite a huge variance. I sold the car to Carvana. 15 minute transaction and they picked it up. Didn't have to worry about corona virus and people coming to test drive and see the car. I am fortunate that I have other vehicles I can drive while waiting on the aviator.

hope this helps someone.

cheers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...