Sync 3 goes to radio on restart almost everytime

Tl99cobra

2016 fiesta st. I could be listening to my usb music or Bluetooth or anything and 9 times out of 10, the next restart my sync3 goes to fm radio on its own on restart and its always a Christian rock station.  I dont even have the station programmed as a saved station. Maybe car is trying to tell me something. Anyone else have this issue with their fiesta with sync 3.

• 1 year later...
On 8/17/2020 at 11:17 AM, Tl99cobra said:

2016 fiesta st. I could be listening to my usb music or Bluetooth or anything and 9 times out of 10, the next restart my sync3 goes to fm radio on its own on restart and its always a Christian rock station.  I dont even have the station programmed as a saved station. Maybe car is trying to tell me something. Anyone else have this issue with their fiesta with sync 3.

HI Tl99. Perhaps your car has been born again? ?

Seriously though...you could try a SYNC system reset. If that does not help, one possibility could be a problem with the APIM.

Instructions for how to perform a  SYNC reset are in the Owners Manual. If you do not have your hard copy, you can download the PDF version here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/parts-service/resources/owner-manuals/

If you perform a reset, you will need to reconnect to your WiFi network, re-pair your phone/phones, reset your favorites, etc.

Let us know how you make out and good luck.