Mustang S650 news!

A pessimistic view from this Australian website, stating RHD S650s may not happen.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news/ford-mustang-to-leave-australia

However, given how several good sources here have indicated S650 will be a heavily reworked S550 (D2C) with selected elements of CD6 I think RHD is still very possible. Besides, if Ford wants to keep hitting that 100k sales target it'd need all the global sales it can get, including RHD. Australia is, I believe, the second biggest market for Mustang outside of North America.

Personally, I get the impression that this website just thinks they'll plonk the Mustang body on an Explorer chassis and call it good.

The "problem" is Ford never openly discusses future product, so they will neither confirm nor deny this rumor. Heck, Ford UK still states "we have no current plans to sell the Mach 1".......and that's already been spotted in RHD pre-production form! (they said the same about the Bullitt.......but they've sold plenty of them here since!)

2 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

A pessimistic view from this Australian website, stating RHD S650s may not happen.

https://www.whichcar.com.au/car-news/ford-mustang-to-leave-australia

However, given how several good sources here have indicated S650 will be a heavily reworked S550 (D2C) with selected elements of CD6 I think RHD is still very possible. Besides, if Ford wants to keep hitting that 100k sales target it'd need all the global sales it can get, including RHD. Australia is, I believe, the second biggest market for Mustang outside of North America.

Personally, I get the impression that this website just thinks they'll plonk the Mustang body on an Explorer chassis and call it good.

The "problem" is Ford never openly discusses future product, so they will neither confirm nor deny this rumor. Heck, Ford UK still states "we have no current plans to sell the Mach 1".......and that's already been spotted in RHD pre-production form! (they said the same about the Bullitt.......but they've sold plenty of them here since!)

The problem is that these days, the rumors are spread much further thanks to the internet

and the article you linked above is just another site piling on with poor or misguided information.

The problem is people assume too much instead of thinking  about mustang as a Heritage Vehicle,

Ford will keep it and evolve it for as long as people keep wanting it. People don't get that Ford still

treats the Mustang coupe with respect and do right by it for the next evolution.

• Like 3