Ford Ranger Tremor coming?

https://fordauthority.com/2020/08/ford-ranger-tremor-features-details-revealed-exclusive/

Sounds kinda meh if this is it.  Doesn't sound much different from an FX4 (different air dam, shocks, etc...) with the addition of some unique running boards and graphics.

Sources familiar with the product tell Ford Authority that the Ranger Tremor will feature a unique set of wheels wrapped in a set of BF Goodrich All-Terrain rubber.

The body will utilize the same front and rear ends as the existing Ranger, though there might be a unique air dam treatment that will enable higher approach angles. The cab will feature a set of unique tubular, high-clearance running boards for the front and rear passengers. Tremor script graphics will adorn the sides of the box.

As of this writing, things are bit murky as it relates to the suspension of the upcoming Ranger Tremor. It’s possible that the suspenders will be fortified in some way, potentially with larger shocks. What we do know for sure is that the Ranger Tremor will have a very healthy amount of ground clearance.

I wonder what the difference is between this and the 3 ford performance packages?

I like the looks of this. Interesting that it’s an xlt with a lariat grille. It’d be cool if this came with an upgraded sound system like the old ranger tremor.

Ford-Ranger-Tremor-Spy-Shots-August-2020Ford-Ranger-Tremor-Spy-Shots-August-2020

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wildosvt said:

Thanks for the  pics. I've Been waiting for them to hit the web. Not BFG's.  You'll find a nice touch on the inside..  Not a normal stance for a Ranger.  Graphics may come as a surprise. It Looks better in Race Red though. ;)  :camera:

I doubt that last bit. Race Red looks awful on any vehicle, especially Ranger. 

But that's just me ;) 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

next-gen-ford-ranger-leak.jpg

That's the real McCoy. That is basically what we will get besides some slight fascia changes that normally occur. 

I was hoping that was a render when it came out, but I'll reserve my thoughts until it's debut. This isn't all that clear....as a leak shouldn't be.

13 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Ah ok, I thought that was a render too

That was a clay model

I think the reason we haven't seen any mules is because Ford is testing the mule in plain sight under existing T6 Ranger body. The only significant mechanical change to the next gen Ranger is new front subframe to support V6 engine which was engineered as part of Bronco project. So Ford can test and validate this without building a cobbled together mule. Just drop the V6 and Bronco subframe in an existing Ranger and off you you. There is also supposed to be PHEV program for the Ranger but status of it is not clear... maybe that will come later and we are not at the mule stages yet for the PHEV. 

Prototypes (camo'd new body) should appear soon if you assume we are roughly 12 months ahead of Australian debut. 

Edited by bzcat
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bzcat said:

That was a clay model

I think the reason we haven't seen any mules is because Ford is testing the mule in plain sight under existing T6 Ranger body. The only significant mechanical change to the next gen Ranger is new front subframe to support V6 engine which was engineered as part of Bronco project. So Ford can test and validate this without building a cobbled together mule. Just drop the V6 and Bronco subframe in an existing Ranger and off you you. There is also supposed to be PHEV program for the Ranger but status of it is not clear... maybe that will come later and we are not at the mule stages yet for the PHEV. 

Prototypes (camo'd new body) should appear soon if you assume we are roughly 12 months ahead of Australian debut. 

There were two mules running around Melbourne back in May doing exactly what you suggest.

Also, one supercharged 5.0 Coyote Ranger mule built in Thailand last year but nothing came of it,

Ford deciding that there was no business case for it.

9 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If it come in a PHEV I'll buy one tomorrow even though I don't really care for that styling (assuming that's accurate and/or hasn't changed) 

They'll be some changes.

Remember when the clay model of the Taurus leaked out 2 years before its debut? Most of it was the same come production save the lower bumper and some other slight details.

I'd venture to guess the headlights and sheetmetal are locked in with that Ranger clay model. Some bumper details, etc will change.