Steering wheel controls not working

Wrs75

I have a 2014 se that the turn signals, wipers except on high and all the buttons on the steering wheel have quit working. I changed the SCCM tonight as from what I could find online that seemed to be the main cause of the problem, but after replacing nothing changed. Removed fuse for the sccm and replaced but still nothing. Looking for any advise before I take to the dealer.  Thanks. 

Since you've already replaced the SCCM, just off the top of my head I'm wondering about the connector wiring in the steering wheel, harness wiring, maybe even a bad gateway module.

It's always hard to do internet diagnosis though.  Any chance you've got rodents?

What about DTCs?  I imagine there's no MIL or you'd have mentioned it, but what about DTCs?

No DTCs, no rodents, all wiring looks good, I’ve read conflicting info about having to program the sccm after installing, the parts guy at dealer I got it from said nothing needed just switch it out and go, but read a couple different things about having to reprogram after instal, any ideas on wether that’s accurate or not?

8 hours ago, Wrs75 said:

No DTCs, no rodents, all wiring looks good, I’ve read conflicting info about having to program the sccm after installing, the parts guy at dealer I got it from said nothing needed just switch it out and go, but read a couple different things about having to reprogram after instal, any ideas on wether that’s accurate or not?

No to argue with them or anything but the SCCM definitely has configuration it stores. You'd want to compare the new values to the ones from your old module.  I forget how many lines it's got though.

Honestly though, since it's all there in your steering area I'd personally take it in and let Ford repair it right. That's just too critical a system to take chances, in my opinion, even though so far you haven't mentioned it directly affecting steering or anything like that.  But remember on these newer cars the steering is electronic, not mechanical, so if you do have a possibly failing harness or something I'd be a bit concerned there.

Good luck in any event!

Edited by ncffs