Edge/Nautilus production ending?

I like the edge and nautilus, they just both need updates. I haven’t looks at sales for these vehicles in a while so if sales are low I guess it makes sense. I guess it didn’t make much sense to have this and the new fusion/wagon vehicle coming out occupying the same space.

2 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

It's difficult keeping up with eliminated Ford and Lincoln nameplates. Looking more likely that Edge and Nautilus are joining the trash heap of Ford nameplates. With China relations souring rapidly, good luck with importing Chinese built Nautilus. However, still hard to believe that Ford would close Oakville and plow billions into dysfunctional CAP. It sure is looking bad for Oakville and Flat Rock for that matter with Conty going bye bye also. 

• Like 1

The larger Avon Lake Midsized Electric comes out in that time frame plan could be just move the Nautilus name to that.  Also 2021 Edge has a very late Job 1 date (End of Jan) 

With the rebates on the Edge right now you can get a SEL 201a for under 30K in some markets.

Perhaps reading between the lines, it's interesting that Edge isn't featured on any of Ford's recent national commercials, save for a quick shot of a grille featuring an ST badge.

If I buy it, it's probably going to get cancelled haha. I've had a Taurus, Focus and Edge over the years. Only ongoing vehicle I've owned is an Escape. Blame me for a vehicle's demise!

I don’t think the 2019 refresh did the Edge any favors.  The grille is weird looking IMO.   Our 2018 Edge SEL lease is up next October (with a residual of 19k).  If rebates are as good as they are now we might just spring for a new one and get used to the grille since we would paying a good chunk of that to keep the old one. 

• Like 1

It would be unfathomable for Toyota to leave the Highlander on the market for 9 years with no replacement. But for Ford, it's just business as usual. ?

They'll need to give Edge a second facelift to next year to keep it going until 2024.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

It's difficult keeping up with eliminated Ford and Lincoln nameplates. Looking more likely that Edge and Nautilus are joining the trash heap of Ford nameplates. With China relations souring rapidly, good luck with importing Chinese built Nautilus. However, still hard to believe that Ford would close Oakville and plow billions into dysfunctional CAP. It sure is looking bad for Oakville and Flat Rock for that matter with Conty going bye bye also. 

Let the contract play itself out. Let’s see if Ford is really gonna screw over Oakville. I wouldn’t be surprised if they do! Let’s just see what happens first. Maybe fusion active??? Maybe not a damn thing!

15 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They were about to with Focus until they decided to stop selling sedans in North America all together. 

Wouldn’t put it past them. It’s contract time. More clarity is on the way in the next month or so. I’m tired of this damn China love affair! Anyways, we will soon see what Ford has planned for OAC. Whatever that is or isn’t!!

17 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

They were about to with Focus until they decided to stop selling sedans in North America all together. 

Btw we are gonna be down next week at OAC because of a parts shortage and this week has been short hours roughly 6 in trim chassis anywhere from 6-7 in body. We were running tens 

23 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That’s a Chicken before the Egg. Tariffs caused Ford to rethink importing the Focus from China. 

Capacity killed the Fusion.  That’s why I doubt OAC is at risk - it’s pre-contract postering. Ford can’t lose more capacity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sullynd said:

That’s a Chicken before the Egg. Tariffs caused Ford to rethink importing the Focus from China. 

Capacity killed the Fusion.  That’s why I doubt OAC is at risk - it’s pre-contract postering. Ford can’t lose more capacity. 

I hope you’re right

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

I don’t think the 2019 refresh did the Edge any favors.  The grille is weird looking IMO.   Our 2018 Edge SEL lease is up next October (with a residual of 19k).  If rebates are as good as they are now we might just spring for a new one and get used to the grille since we would paying a good chunk of that to keep the old one. 

I think the front end was improved with the refresh, personally.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

The Continental accounts for way less than 10 percent of Flat Rock's current capacity.  There are no layoffs planed at FRAP due to its discontinuation. 

7 hours ago, Oacjay98 said:

Btw we are gonna be down next week at OAC because of a parts shortage and this week has been short hours roughly 6 in trim chassis anywhere from 6-7 in body. We were running tens 

Oh that reminds me, any chance you could possibly send me one of those thank you stickers that goes in the windshield? I was going somewhere one day with the family and a truck kicked up a rock and now the Flex needs a new windshield. 

7 hours ago, sullynd said:

That was probably part of it, or at least the threat of it was, but the decision to kill cars was made before the Trump administration levied tariffs on China.