Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Anthony

It's interesting that they have listed Grand Wagoneer and 3-row fullsize SUV as separate vehicles. Up to now, the speculation has always been the fullsize SUV will get the Grand Wagoneer name, and the 3-row Grand Cherokee either with Wagoneer name (no-Grand) or just Grand Cherokee.

We know for sure, there will be 3 new Jeeps: fullsize Ram based SUV, Grand Cherokee 2 row, Grand Cherokee 3 row. But the table above seems to suggest there will be 4 new Jeeps 

Edit: just noticed it doesn't say specifically the fullsize SUV launching in Q1 is a Jeep. So could be a Dodge, which makes sense. There is still just 3 Jeeps coming next year. 

Edited by bzcat

17 hours ago, bzcat said:

It's interesting that they have listed Grand Wagoneer and 3-row fullsize SUV as separate vehicles. Up to now, the speculation has always been the fullsize SUV will get the Grand Wagoneer name, and the 3-row Grand Cherokee either with Wagoneer name (no-Grand) or just Grand Cherokee.

We know for sure, there will be 3 new Jeeps: fullsize Ram based SUV, Grand Cherokee 2 row, Grand Cherokee 3 row. But the table above seems to suggest there will be 4 new Jeeps 

Edit: just noticed it doesn't say specifically the fullsize SUV launching in Q1 is a Jeep. So could be a Dodge, which makes sense. There is still just 3 Jeeps coming next year. 

What? I think your over thinking it:

It says:
Updated Start of Production dates for all new Jeep models

To me, it seems like there is an unnamed full size Ram based SUV, two different models the of the Wagoneer (not sure what makes it Grand vs the regular Wagoneer) and the Grand Cherokee.

I'm assuming the Grand Wagoneer might be something like the Expedition XL-a longer wheelbase model? Not a completely new model, just an additional trim of it. 

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It says:

To me, it seems like there is an unnamed full size Ram based SUV, two different models the of the Wagoneer (not sure what makes it Grand vs the regular Wagoneer) and the Grand Cherokee.

I'm assuming the Grand Wagoneer might be something like the Expedition XL-a longer wheelbase model? Not a completely new model, just an additional trim of it. 

Yea, I was over thinking it.

Ram based BOF Jeep in Q1 - Tahoe/Expedition competitor

Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer in Q2 - I think maybe Wagoneer is standard Grand Cherokee wheelbase midisze 7 seat (think GMC Arcadia) and Grand one is extended wheelbase large 7 seat (think Buick Enclave)

Grand Cherokee in Q3 - 5 seat mid size.

Edited by bzcat

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It says:

Yeah, but it says updated production dates for all new Jeep models:     with a colon, then 3 bullet points.  Which potentially means the 3 Row on the top line could be a new Jeep name they don't want to reveal yet?  Why would they put it under a bullet list talking about Jeep production dates if it's not a Jeep product?

I agree that the Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer difference is likely an Expy/Expy Max or Tahoe/Suburban difference.

Edited by rmc523

On 8/12/2020 at 8:23 AM, Anthony said:

Here are the expected production dates of all new Jeeps next year:

FCA-COVID-19-Update-1.thumb.jpg.74891ffcb5844006e07c680db9a4180c.jpg

Been thinking about this some more... I think there is a poor choice of word in this chart.

3 row full-size SUV - Q1 '21: normally, in the US context, fullsize SUV is something like Expedition or Tahoe. But the person who wrote this slide is probably some mid level staff at the HQ, which is in Amsterdam... his or her definition of full-size SUV is something like an Explorer. So it is lost in translation, basically.

Edited by bzcat

Per Allpar:

• The 3 row full size SUV is the 3 row Grand Cherokee (most likely not named Grand Cherokee)
  • Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer are both the Ram based SUVs, but only one wheelbase (think Tahoe sized).  No Surburban length. The difference between Wagoneer and Grand is luxury items.
  • and Grand Cherokee will stay just 2 rows.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

Per Allpar:

• The 3 row full size SUV is the 3 row Grand Cherokee (most likely not named Grand Cherokee)
  • Wagoneer / Grand Wagoneer are both the Ram based SUVs, but only one wheelbase (think Tahoe sized).  No Surburban length. The difference between Wagoneer and Grand is luxury items.
  • and Grand Cherokee will stay just 2 rows.

Seems like a strange way to do it.

More teaser pics.  That grille looks awesome, reminiscent of the older Grand Wagoneers.  I'm not even sure what the second picture is (I thought a side mirror, but doesn't really look like one and there's horizontal bodywork or something directly below it, so doesn't seem to be a side mirror cap).

Ef8kPqOXYAAZ2oC.thumb.jpeg.428a9efdf03adfbd94b7aeee16aaed55.jpeg

Ef8kQQWXYAAzhvO.thumb.jpeg.49982c3784e86b75a29e290cd6922be2.jpeg

Edited by Anthony

1 hour ago, Anthony said:

More teaser pics.  That grille looks awesome, reminiscent of the older Grand Wagoneers.  I'm not even sure what the second picture is (I thought a side mirror, but doesn't really look like one and there's horizontal bodywork or something directly below it, so doesn't seem to be a side mirror cap).

Ef8kPqOXYAAZ2oC.thumb.jpeg.428a9efdf03adfbd94b7aeee16aaed55.jpeg

Ef8kQQWXYAAzhvO.thumb.jpeg.49982c3784e86b75a29e290cd6922be2.jpeg

Is it a closeup of a rotary dial for the transmission?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Harley Lover said:

Is it a closeup of a rotary dial for the transmission?

It does look like a dial with a reflection in a piano gloss finish trim piece below. it could be a transmission dial, but I think it would more likely be a dial to choose what 4 wheel drive mode you want to use. After all Jeep is about four wheel drive.

• Like 1

The full size SUV competition is heating up.  Does anybody know when the next update for the Expedition is? Obviously we haven’t seen what the Jeep looks like yet but I think Ford needs to dial up the exterior and interior styling of the next gen Expedition a bit.  The current model is nice but a bit plain inside and out.  

It looks like this new Jeep is going to try to cover a wide market by going all the way up into the lux market. I think the Jeep brand has the flexibility to do that, which I think will make Ford have to make the Expedition a little more appealing. 

As an aside, I went through a 2021 Tahoe the other day and it was nice, but I did not feel a big wow factor associated with it. Typical GM interior, and the exterior, well there’s just something off about it to my eye. Maybe they rounded things off a little too much for me. 

16 minutes ago, tbone said:

It looks like this new Jeep is going to try to cover a wide market by going all the way up into the lux market. I think the Jeep brand has the flexibility to do that, which I think will make Ford have to make the Expedition a little more appealing. 

Can't really do that with Expedition as long as Navigator exists.