Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Anthony

9 minutes ago, William S said:

I think that this would be a great idea. The question is: Would they sell enough to justify building it?

I don't know honestly. For an ST, much of that work is done in the Navigator, but could cannibalize the Navigator as well. As for a Raptor, while I wish that would happen, I doubt it is worth the cost. A full-size Bronco is probably more likely than an Expedition Raptor at this point lol.

ST is more likely imo

https://www.motor1.com/news/442218/jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-2022/

well it’s been revealed. Honestly, I thought it would look better. Weird proportions and and chrome strips everywhere. Front looks just like other jeeps.

the interior looks pretty awesome though. Since this is a “concept”, I don’t know how much will carry over, but it’s probably one of the best interiors I’ve seen from FCA.

jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-exterior-04-jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-exterior-04-jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-interior.jpgjeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-exterior-01-jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-exterior-02-jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-interior.jpgjeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-interior.jpgjeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-interior.jpgjeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-exterior-03-jeep-grand-wagoneer-concept-exterior-04-

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

well it’s been revealed. Honestly, I thought it would look better. Weird proportions and and chrome strips everywhere. Front looks just like other jeeps.

the interior looks pretty awesome though. Since this is a “concept”, I don’t know how much will carry over, but it’s probably one of the best interiors I’ve seen from FCA.

The interior is the best part...the styling looks like they took a Dodge/Ram SUV and turned it into a Jeep and didn't change the sheetmetal enough.

The rear end looks "weak" like the tailights are too small and the headlights and grill share the same issues IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

FCA doesn’t have a luxury brand so they can put in luxury interiors without overlapping other products. 

FCA - Alfa, Maserati

Hyundai - Genesis 

This will do really well in the Expedition/Tahoe/Yukon market and doing very well especially with the cross shopping of the Denali line. Escalade and Navigator shoppers are probably not going to be swayed as much as there is a badge involved. 

The more I look at it, the more I like it.  I think the way the windows go into the black roof (which may or not be a production item) throws off the height a bit (and having no black-out in between the windows).  I really think this is one of those vehicles that will need to be seen in person to truly understand what it looks like. If it has presence in person (remember this is Ram-sized) it may be a winner.

The size is hard to gauge in photos because it shares a resemblance to smaller Jeeps, but to give an indication, those wheels are 24".

Edit:  and watching the video above with b-roll in real-life roads makes it look a bit better too.

Edited by Anthony

I'd take it over a Tahoe/Yukon.  The interior is nice but I need to see how the rear cargo area lies down, hopefully flat.  The exterior is okay, not great.  I don't like the kink in the rear glass.  Just leave it flat.  Rear is pretty good.  The front end of the original (and the woodgrain) had great presence, this could use a little more inspiration from it.  Just not enough.

Do I like it better than an Expy? Maybe.  I still can't get past the Expedition tail lights and bloated rear end.  It needs to look slimmer.  The Wagoneer looks slimmer for it's real size.

Show me less glitzy Wagoneer with a burgundy red interior, white exterior or a dark blue or green one with tan interior

• Like 1

Looks huge (I know that's the point)

Wagoneer starting price is low $60k according to FCA. Grand Wagoneer can top $100k.

So they are covering the price point of Expedition and Navigator with a single vehicle. Or Tahoe to Escalade price point. However you prefer your reference points.

Don't forget, in another 24 months or so, we are also supposed to get a new BOF Durango that will probably start at even lower MSRP.

1 hour ago, jasonj80 said:

FCA - Alfa, Maserati

Hyundai - Genesis 

This will do really well in the Expedition/Tahoe/Yukon market and doing very well especially with the cross shopping of the Denali line. Escalade and Navigator shoppers are probably not going to be swayed as much as there is a badge involved. 

But none of those brands have a full sized 3 row SUV yet, which was the point.  There is no internal competition.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, buddysystem said:

I'd take it over a Tahoe/Yukon.  The interior is nice but I need to see how the rear cargo area lies down, hopefully flat.  The exterior is okay, not great.  I don't like the kink in the rear glass.  Just leave it flat.  Rear is pretty good.  The front end of the original (and the woodgrain) had great presence, this could use a little more inspiration from it.  Just not enough.

Do I like it better than an Expy? Maybe.  I still can't get past the Expedition tail lights and bloated rear end.  It needs to look slimmer.  The Wagoneer looks slimmer for it's real size.

Show me less glitzy Wagoneer with a burgundy red interior, white exterior or a dark blue or green one with tan interior

I'd take almost anything over a Yuhoe.