Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Anthony

1990_Jeep_Grand_Wagoneer_(28459801253)_(wagoneer-promo.jpg

they should have made the grille bigger. It doesn’t have the same presence as the old one. They should have made the grille different from other Jeep grilles too. Not every vehicle has to look like it’s part of a family.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, T-dubz said:

they should have made the grille bigger. It doesn’t have the same presence as the old one. They should have made the grille different from other Jeep grilles too. Not every vehicle has to look like it’s part of a family.

The first comment I was going to make is that the grille should have been bigger. This should have screamed “Jeep”, but looks more like an enlarged Durango update. The interior is spot on though!

I want to like it, but I just can't.  At least not as a whole.  I'm very interested to see what the production model looks like - I think it actually may look BETTER, because this to me is almost too overdone - too many details for the sake of having details, too many elements clashing with each other.

I agree with the rest of you on the front end - the grille is a bit too short for my liking.  And the lighting details in it almost seem unnecessary - I'd be surprised if they make it to production (maybe the whole width running light if it's legal, but not the vertical lights)

The sides - I don't like the pillar treatment at all.  They look so jarring......but I guess at any rate it's unique.  I cannot for the life of me place it, but there's a vehicle out there that this reminds me of.

The back........I feel like the stylists said "what if we took the Discovery and centered the license plate and added some horizontal strips and squared the edges.  That lack of a spoiler is odd too - I have to image the production model will have one.

CN020_006GW.jpg

2018 Land Rover Discovery HSE Si6 (Color: Silicon Silver; US-Spec) - Rear  Three-Quarter | HD Wallpaper #6

The interior looks pretty good if not also over detailed - it may actually benefit from production finishes.

The front end looks good, but the grill is too small to give real presence.  The grill gives me pre refresh 3rd gen navigator vibes, as my nav was white and didnt have the optional chrome shield on top of the grille.  Theres also new caddy vibes as well, with the tiny headlights.  That may be why they slimmed the grille, to prevent comparisons btw the two.  The sides pillars like rmc said dont mesh well, but i think it will flow better on a monochromatic color scheme, the blacktop points out the pillars too much.  If anything, jeep shouldve connected the front two windows and made the c pillar the way it is or thin out the b pillar atleast.  Jeep needs to go all on the taillights(connect the lights), or add a body accent to tie the design better.  Also, i kno the car is a concept but the lack of a wiper is throwin me off too.  And jeep better add a spoiler, the rear end desperately needs it.  The old prototypes do suggest better proportions.  I bet jeep is also debating to add stationary running boards or power boards.  Suggestion: power boards.

2009-Lincoln-Navigator-front-angle3_5776_089_640x480.jpg

2022-Jeep-Grand-Wagoneer-Concept-15.jpg

Cadillac-Escalade-2020-Leak-Preis-Marktstart-1010x568-dad0cb2b002185e0.jpg

Edited by Dlcorbett
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I love the commonality of the grill since i think it really speaks to their heritage and believe there's not a chance in hell you will ever see one without 7 slots. Agree it shares nothing with the original but the name. 

Still trying to figure out the back side profile and rear end, and keeping in mind this in a concept. Doubt much will change and see a lot I like-the inside is stunning and Jeep's brand name is as good as anything in the industry. 

On 9/4/2020 at 4:00 PM, Harley Lover said:

2002_ford_thunderbird_155250686460dec12a

I hated the "retro" Thunderbird from the beginning. The plan was limited production of 25,000/year for 4 years. Dealer ADM's didn't help but sales never met the objective in the 3rd and 4th years. And the handling left a lot to be desired. I say this coming from the dealership known as "Birdland" that was one of the top 10 Thunderbird dealers in the country (the largest dealer between Washington, D.C. and the Canadian border) with annual combined new/used sales of 600-700 units! That's just Thunderbirds not counting the incremental business for other models because customers equated our Thunderbird marketing to mean great deals on the other models. Ground-breaking marketing included exclusive live reads by Don Imus on WNBC, then WFAN plus similar live reads by morning drive personalities on the major CT radio stations.  

TBird 2002 White Color RGB.pdf

14 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

Snap a retro-bird up now while they're cheap, they have collector car written all over them. 

There is a local used car dealer that has some exotics in it at times that has 3-4 of them, one with some tacky ass wheels too. 

https://www.briansautocenter.com/newandusedcars?MakeName=Ford&ClearAll=1&__RequestVerificationToken=CfDJ8OG43AwZbeBLpWZtORYE2fFSO41ufCTrKk7GHRasDzQ9rfuSSr9EyhQhTmsMblAfmJX4jbZaj28wYNj7SOR31WN25g-0NBVjTknXi6PhYpwz2LPQKriQ1kMOU5cDu96cQslxNaUUeRefm2feyKIw-Lk

51 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Oh dear god that's AWFUL 

21 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The biggest issue I have with it is that even though this is a stand alone model (I'm assuming) the overall sheetmetal still looks like what a Dodge version of this would be. You could swap out the front end with a new Facia and make a dodge without trying. 

Valid point, but the styling is new so even if it shares sheet metal with Dodge (just like most other manufacturers shared sheet metal btw, see Expy/Navi), it’s still new.  

Edited by 02MustangGT

On 9/5/2020 at 6:17 PM, silvrsvt said:

The biggest issue I have with it is that even though this is a stand alone model (I'm assuming) the overall sheetmetal still looks like what a Dodge version of this would be. You could swap out the front end with a new Facia and make a dodge without trying. 

I have to agree with that.

I also think you might've helped me place the vehicle I was thinking of - the Nitro (and later 2nd gen Liberty).

File:Dodge Nitro 2.8 CRD rear.jpg - Wikimedia Commons